Bling on your Alli??

baitcaster

Posting a few pics of a Allibud/friend of mine Alli XB2003. He has just started the renovations and still has a way to go. So I figured I would start the photo documentary for him and thought ya'll may get a kick out of it and encourage him to finish. I know he is a registered user on this site, but don't recall his user name, anyway. He recently called Bill at Allison to order a "bunch" of stuff and when he said he had a relatively all Yellow boat, with the exception of the console, Bill reportedly was surprised and said Allison didn't build any all yellow hulls and wanted some pics. Thus I went today and took a few pics. After what Bill said; he wondered if the boat he bought second hand was painted aftermarket, but it seems that the proof is under the carpet, so to speak. I seriously doubt that someone would go through all the trouble of painting under the floor and under the front deck and than cover it up with original Allison Carpet with carpet glue that had to be 10+ years old. So I guess this is a rare rig that has a 97 serial number construction year.

He is in the process of ripping out the light gray carpet and replacing it with a solid black. New Gages or on the horizon so I dropped him off my Livorsi Master Catalog - hohoarrrarrr, to get his mouth watering, I mean started on the wish list. He wants to put new graphics on his 2.5 280, so I suggested that he looks at Wippers motor, since he wants it in a yellow and I think Wipper's mota looks clean and classy with his graphics. He hopes to replace some cup holders and recess his trolling motor ped., among other things. A few repairs are also in the works - parts ordered.

Here are the starter pics:

Front shot with the new carpet on the front deck

Inside, carpet removed - note a yellow, even when scraped

Last edited:

Fishforcash

More dash bling, new wheel/billet hub, gauges, polished grab handles, billet cup holders.

bassracr

sorry baitcaster, i did not see your question earlier. I sent the trailer to a sandblaster,took it down to bare metal, i had it painted where i work. I made cardboard templates and took them to a metal shop and had the diamond plate cut to fit. I installed all new stainless hardware, l.e.d lights,carpeting,winch,wheels,tires I spent about $1800 on the complete rebuild (after I found out a new one was over $4000)

amosXB03

Man that trailer looks amazing. Stereo is finally going in tomorrow. I sure hate the sound of power tools around fiberglass.......

baitcaster

Tell me about it. When I cut in my speakers and widened in the cupholders, I needed several :beer:to get me through it, :laughing:laughing:laughing, but it will be OK.

amosXB03

Ran into a major issue this afternoon.

Finally had the opportunity to install the speakers JBL 6200s. Really liked the looks and specs.

After mounting the left side rear speaker with no issues, I moved onto the right side speaker, of course I ran out of sander disks, and broke a collet so off to wally world. After returning I finished the cut, speaker fit fine, when I reied to install the lower rear seat guess what.....the *&%$ wouldn't fit.

I am left no with a choice to modify the lower sear 1/2 or so on each side to account for the speakers or roll the dice on another set of speakers that are flush mointed.

Had to drain a couple of cold ones to take the sting off, man I hate cutting fiberglass. Will post pictures and mods once I decide just what to do.

whipper

Looking at all this bling is making me want some more myself. Sweet riggen!!! Fishforcash I love how your motor looks with that 20 Offshore.

Last edited: