battery location in XR

Casey G

How about negative trim wedges between the clamp bracket and the jackplate to go along with the 24 volt trim. Do you guys run them on the XR's?
Hack on manual 12" mids I can see a little benefit, but on the newer hydraulic up and down you may not have enough positive to compensate. it would not work at all on a 15" with a short ram since they do not have enough range to start with and most require 2° of positive wedges to give them enough trim. maybe on a long ram mid, but you had better have a fast trim system or the boats going to roll pretty bad on the launch.

Lou here's some pics of my rigging for you.

http://cgudgell.smugmug.com/gallery/2905689#156385985

John S

Casey, that is as good as it gits for riggin a bote. Now, ifn yall would excuse me, Ive gotta go and completely rerig my bote. Damn, that is clean!

Casey G

Thanks for the kind words. when I got the boat almost 3 years ago the rigging was a mess. I totally derigged it and stated from scratch. it's not perfect cuz I was in a hurry, but it will be if I ever get any spare time. I like things plan and simple. that way if there's every a problem it's easy to diagnose.

GFinch

Thats a Race Pac 2 it is a programmable and recording guage with adjustable over limit flashing RED LED. Tach and 2 temps. I have the Race Pac 3, tach and 3 temps. Saved my engine at least once when a bag was sucked up on the lower unit. One of the temps is directly into the block water.
I'm thinking about the Digatron unit with 4 screens, the Race pac is one screen you cycle through. Pro's con's between the two, other suggestions?

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Thanks Gary. PLEASE send me a private message with your address so I can send your hat back. It doesn't fit any of us. :cool

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Not at all, it just meant there was no point in stealing it. :laughing

Now don't infer "point" has to do with pin head...:laughing

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Most I've seen have them mounted in the port side area ahead of the fuel tank, but I also know that Darris recommends (and I think Glenn Reynolds as well) that they be mounted up front.

I just got a 1999 SS2000 with no motor on it yet and hope to have it running in a week or less.

Lou

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Bill, after I cleaned off the bugs and road grime she looked awesome; like new.

The trailer has some road nicks in it. Also the wheel bearings and kind of a "mix n match" job!! (?) there seems to be 1 oil-filled one and the rest are greased hubs and the two rear wheels are loose. I'll need to get those looked at.

It has the Allison setback bracket on it and a Mariner Drag SS midsection all ready for a drop-on and a LU. I think I am going to put the stock 260 that Power built for me and a brand new stock SM--although I am undecided and might put an XR6 case on her.

The battery was dead as a doornail and I have a charger on her as I write this. I think I've got the bug to get her up and flying asap. :beer: