BasSportPro best speed?

Alli-drenaline Rush

I've demonstrated 91.5 mph turning a 28 Hydro at ca 6,900 rpm. 7,750 rev limiter, so a few more mph might be possible if they drop a bit and I get some more seat time (the 91.5 was done when I had a grand total of about 12 hr seat time in an Allison, including 10 hr of plowing to break in the 280)... I'm sure there's faster ones out there.... I know of one with a 300XS on it that I saw running Amistad a few years ago.... Maybe the owner will offer his comments....

My $0.02....

ADR

ally2dextreme

Ive got a video of a 2004 21 prosport going 101.8 with me and another 250lb plus man sitting up front. Ready to fish minus trolling motor it was the first over a 100 but im not sure how many more has done it

xb03fs

Ive got a video of a 2004 21 prosport going 101.8 with me and another 250lb plus man sitting up front. Ready to fish minus trolling motor it was the first over a 100 but im not sure how many more has done it
what motor?

RedAllison

what motor?
300X.

Neal busted off a 98.xx at Clifton last year with his 21ProSport/250XS (with stock Sportmaster) & he had troller on, some crap in the boat & it was a typical July day in west TN of umpteen bajillion degs with humidity you might mistake as a passing sprinkle of rain...

I just don't think that anyone has TRULY set out to find the stratosphere/upper limits of ANY of the 21s. Most are either seriously loaded to fish or have momma, the kids & a wknds worth of junk in them the vast majority of the time they are off the trailer.

(Sorry Thomas, we were on same time)

Last edited:

ally2dextreme

LOL no problem Red ..iI can send the video to some one if they want to post it,its not great but you can see the gps climb pretty good.

xb03fs

Yes they are defiantly more family haulers, I only had 3 solo trips last summer where I really played with the setup.

SmallJaw

Fastest speed? That's easy. 90.00 That was the fastest speed I got out of mine last year with the new 28 XOB. Now that I have logged about 1,500 more miles out of the boat and know the feel a little better I probably could get 95 out of it.:wink

biller31

92.3 for me. 2+2 w stock 250. But I've got something I'm very slowly working on that will put an end to this question. :) Just need some skinny person to drive it if and when I get it finished. Btw Jim Burkes hit 95+ with the same combo. Sam Nelson hit 100+ with a 300x on his 2+2 but had a barrel roll incident shortly thereafter.

Last edited:

GotMyAlly

I think a worked gearcase is going to be an asset if you are trying to stretch one out for a long run at big numbers. I know when I ran 98 last summer, I could feel mine hunting around. It just never quite took a set like the worked sportmaster I had on my 225X. I'm not sure if it would have put up a bigger number or not, but I sure would have felt more comfortable holding it there for a longer stretch.

SmallJaw

After giving it a little more thought I realized that 90 was not easy for me. She might have 95 in her but I'm not sure I am the man to be behind the wheel when that speed is reached. I wasn't crazy about the feel in my butt when I got to 90, so I know I wouldn't be any happier if I upped the annie some.:wink

fishnfireman

I've demonstrated 91.5 mph turning a 28 Hydro at ca 6,900 rpm. 7,750 rev limiter, so a few more mph might be possible if they drop a bit and I get some more seat time (the 91.5 was done when I had a grand total of about 12 hr seat time in an Allison, including 10 hr of plowing to break in the 280)... I'm sure there's faster ones out there.... I know of one with a 300XS on it that I saw running Amistad a few years ago.... Maybe the owner will offer his comments....

My $0.02....

ADR
That may have been me. 2 years ago. I run a Prosport-300XS. The only other 21' Allisons I know of- who frequented Amistad 2 years ago was another Prosport with a 250 and also a Bassport with a 2.5 280. They both fish a lot of the same tournaments I do. There is now a new Bassport with a 300XS who fishes with us.

I have hit 93 and some change with a 30 Pro ET but that's with 4 batteries full fuel and livewell full. We are all set up for serious tournament fishing and not interested in all out top end. At Amistad and the type tournaments we fish. I'm normally 6-10 mph faster than anyone except one of my Allison buddies!

reward69

I hit just over 93 once and I'm not sure there was much left. 95 or so would probably be about all she's got with the stock 250 xs. This was with a 28 XOB.

Alli-drenaline Rush

That may have been me. 2 years ago. I run a Prosport-300XS. The only other 21' Allisons I know of- who frequented Amistad 2 years ago was another Prosport with a 250 and also a Bassport with a 2.5 280. They both fish a lot of the same tournaments I do. There is now a new Bassport with a 300XS who fishes with us.

I have hit 93 and some change with a 30 Pro ET but that's with 4 batteries full fuel and livewell full. We are all set up for serious tournament fishing and not interested in all out top end. At Amistad and the type tournaments we fish. I'm normally 6-10 mph faster than anyone except one of my Allison buddies!
I couldn't tell ProSport or BasSport or 2+2. I was in the Ranger and you were walking away from me lol!

atcje

I have run 95 even with a stock 250xs running a 29 XOB. I had about 15 gallons of gas and all my fishing stuff, tool box etc. Boat was fully loaded like I fish tournaments. Boat is a 2+2.

SmallJaw

I have run 95 even with a stock 250xs running a 29 XOB. I had about 15 gallons of gas and all my fishing stuff, tool box etc. Boat was fully loaded like I fish tournaments. Boat is a 2+2.
Yea but if that prop wasn't stolen you wouldn't have gone as fast either!:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

catfish123

Yes sir eeeeeeeeeeeeee.....................Craig is one you have to watch mighty close when a good running prop is within his "grasp".....LOL