Are XB2003's Fast?

bullwhipjkg

awesome guy per class rules it has to be stock except ecu upgrades
just saying for a stock 260 it flat out runs

strip

What I was to understand when I was looking for an Ally is that the 02 is just slightly faster than the 03. Maybe I misunderstood the conversation. It sounds like the fact is that the 02 is by far the king of the Ally bassboat line. Make no mistake, if someone would have told me the 02's blow the 03's out of the water I still would have bought an 03 because I like the big console. I have learned a lot from this thread, thanks for the input and keep the posts comming.

baitcaster

BW, point taken and I have edited my post to reflect the correction in Mike's HP :)beer:), and you are absolutely correct. Tommy has a 260 as well, but it is not stock by any means and I know he is over the 300 hp mark and Jeff's is a stock 300 PM. His is a little slow out of the hole w/all that weight on the rear, but Kurt ran it 106 at Concordia and Jeff ran it 105. If he ever did any HP work on that motor, I think he could see 110+ :gasp. My point was simply that this is a difficult argument and that their are exceptions. You also can't simply say all B boats against the XB2003, you really aren't comparing apples to apples. Chad is a perfict example of an Xb2003 running it's azz off at 107, not to mention his hole shot and mid. Nor should you simply discount any make or mod., heck in the early days a Venture at one time held a bass boat speed record and a hydro-sport was used to test Mercs 150 Black Max to prove the power and speed of the than new motor instead of a racer.

baitcaster

What I was to understand when I was looking for an Ally is that the 02 is just slightly faster than the 03. Maybe I misunderstood the conversation. It sounds like the fact is that the 02 is by far the king of the Ally bassboat line. Make no mistake, if someone would have told me the 02's blow the 03's out of the water I still would have bought an 03 because I like the big console. I have learned a lot from this thread, thanks for the input and keep the posts comming.
Strip, the 02 currently holds the Bass Boat speed record (over 120 mph average after a 4 runs), with a beam with of approximately 78" (if I am recalling correctly) and was available in a true comp hull, yes I believe it is the King of the Bass Boat world and it is still pretty dam fish-able :very happy.

bullwhipjkg

ive been puttin a 150 to tha test myself 89.3 so far and am lookin for alittle more

if you take the time and setup work to dial it in they can all be fast if thats what your after

personally in the racing form the bullets handle hauling more weight better than the ally

baitcaster

ive been puttin a 150 to tha test myself 89.3 so far and am lookin for alittle more

if you take the time and setup work to dial it in they can all be fast if thats what your after

personally in the racing form the bullets handle hauling more weight better than the ally
BW I think you just proved a point - I don't think their is another Bass Boat Hull out their that will run ~90 with a 150, that is hauling the mail!:beer:

Stick a 150 on a B boat CC and I don 't think it will come close to that speed! But what do I know :idiot:LMAO:.

Darth VMAX

Strip, it has always been my understanding that as far as top speed is concerned, hp to hp a standard XB2002 is 4-5 mph faster than a XB2003 up to a certain speed. Acceleration is much better in the XB2002 as well.

While 107 is close to the edge on a XB2003, its a walk in the park for some XB2002's out there.

baitcaster

Strip, it has always been my understanding that as far as top speed is concerned, hp to hp a standard XB2002 is 4-5 mph faster than a XB2003 up to a certain speed. Acceleration is much better in the XB2002 as well.

While 107 is close to the edge on a XB2003, its a walk in the park for some XB2002's out there.
Amen!

GotMyAlly

In my experience, most 02's are only a few mph faster with small power (225 or less). When you get into the bigger power and triple digits, the 03 hits a wall because of the big console and the 02 pulls away.

ALLISONMAN

no boat is easy to run 107mph!!!! and to gain an extra mph after you get in the 100's is twice as hard and cost you twice as much!!!

strip

BW, I assume you are running an 02? The guy I bought my 03 off of said his best was 88 and change with the stock 200 super mag. Should I be looking for more or is this fairly consistant?

baitcaster

BW, I assume you are running an 02? The guy I bought my 03 off of said his best was 88 and change with the stock 200 super mag. Should I be looking for more or is this fairly consistent?
Strip, I know you asked BW, but in my opinion this is accurate and your boat is running very well for a 200. When I had my OMC 225, I ran a hair above that, but the 3.0 L, though it had more HP was a lot heaver motor not to mention the LU of a OMC is different from a Merc of the same HP, much less a 2.4 or 2.5L. If you pushed the HP to 225, it would run low (to perhaps mid - depending on set up, etc.) 90s. You should be very happy w/that speed on your boat, in my humble opinion it is well set up and running sweet at 88 w/stock 200.

Last edited:

strip

Ok thanks for the input, but keep in mind That was the sellers statement because I haven't been able to keep it strait long enough to hit 80 lol!

baitcaster

Ok thanks for the input, but keep in mind That was the sellers statement because I haven't been able to keep it strait long enough to hit 80 lol!
:laughing:laughing:laughing It will come. Took me a little while too. It isn't the kind of boat you just jump into and floor it. Take your time and don't push it, before you are ready - and please, please, please wear your life jacket and kill switch.

strip

:laughing:laughing:laughing It will come. Took me a little while too. It isn't the kind of boat you just jump into and floor it. Take your time and don't push it, before you are ready - and please, please, please wear your life jacket and kill switch.

No doubt about that, and I will always wear the jacket in the Ally, Just wish I had a lifeline.