Another fuel question

Jimxb02

I ran the no ethenol gas at cliffton during the fast pass rally. Got home and ran the 10% ethenol which is all there is around here. My setup and prop are the same but the engine is 200 to 300 RPM lower at top end. Is anyone else out there finding the same performance difference ???????

Jim

msagro

that could be a fuel situation but could also be an altitude/air density situation.

TBuck2003

With the fuel situation being what it is ,the question is can you not afford to use Aces 2 stroke???? I know it is a pricey up front cost,but compared to a powerhead or pieces parts it is cheap. Especially for those who like compression. With the Aces, no performance lost with the 10% ethanol fuel.Wait till they go E-15...

TBuck

ROBERT CROSS

Thanks Todd :very happy

My concern was with the 15%, the more I read about what moisture can do the more I think it probably would be a good idea. It's pretty hard to find anything above 89 15% around here.

How much does a gallon treat?

Bob

suicidealli

10% is about 2 to 3 mph loss for me. i just turn the steamwheel up a tad to increase fuel. if you run on the edge it can bite you.. if you are runing stock efi box's you shouldn't have to worry about leaning out... merc stock ecu's are pig fat.
aces is a great product.. i know guys that are running it at 10,000 rpm's on 175 lbs compression..... with no problems..... the ratio has to go up as comp goes up.

JMO

roy

Allyfishing

Great talking to ya yesterday, TBuck! Like I said, as soon as I know a completion date on my PM I'm on the phone for a prop and some ACES!

You guys need to call TBuck and ask him about this product! Sounds too good to be true.

Thank, Craig :beer:

whipper

I ran it last summer and found it to not hamper performance one bit. If anything I may have gained a mph or 2? I fiddle fart so much with my motor I never know what made a gain or not.:big grin But starting Jan1 up hear we are getting the 10% ethenol also so I guess Ill start running Aces all the time now. Ill have to give ya a call and order some more Todd soon.

jbf 2002

Todd,

My time running the Aces that you turned me on to for my 2.5 drag worked really swell with 180#'s of squish. I would tell anybody this works well, and I did not top-pin my old junk pistons out west to save money.

j.f.