And they say Allys are expensive......

baitcaster

As far as the flake, yes it adds some weight, but it if made that much of a difference, why in the heck will a Bullet and Stroker run as fast as they do.

Personally, I really think the smaller companies such as Allison, Bullet and Stroker should consider bring back, making or continuing to make 18 and 20 footers. Allison in my humble opinion should make the 2002 and 2003 a little more "fisherman friendly", so to speak (a little re-vamping - maybe even some flake strips), but keep the hulls going. They were in large part their bread and butter and a boat that can be amply powered with a 200 hp motor. None of the boat companies (with the exception of Stroker) made it from the beginning with these large supper high dollar bass boats. To me it seems that they forgot their roots and who actually buys their boats. It is the middle class sport fisherman, who as Catfish said can't afford or it doesn't make sense to spend what one could pay for a home on a boat. Quite frankly it hacks me off when I think about the future of the bass boating industry and if my son will ever know the pleasure of boating when he is a young adult and on his own trying to support a family.:soap box:furious:beating dead horse

SLOmofo

So is a dock :big grin
At least someone got it! :wink

At the Delta WAR a few years ago there was a Ranger owner there and he asked about the Allison's storage. I Got Gene (The vertically challenged one) to show him around his air craft carrier. When they are shown they are amazed. I think Gene's goes high 80s with him driving and Wild Bill Smith had it 92ish. They walk away mumbling.
If I got back into fishing tournaments, I defiantly would buy one! And slap my DBR engine on it.

patches

The EPA is partially to blame for these bigger and heavier motors/boats. The motors get heavier so the builder has to retool and redesign to hold the motor.

You can thank the EPA for screwing this country in about a thousand different ways

Last edited:

patches

It's mind blowing to me that people actually sit down at a desk, sign off a 10 or 12 yr 75000 dollar loan for a new boat and pull out of the parking lot feeling good. Guess I don't make enough money cause I couldn't begin to fathom that

suicidealli

The EPA is partially to blame for these bigger and heavier motors/boats. The motors get heavier so the builder has to retool and redesign to hold the motor.

You can thank the EPA for screwing this country in about a thousand different ways
You got that right!!!!!!!! It has just about killed the 2.5 too.

Last edited:

catfish123

In my opinion, anyone who has to finance a boat for 10-12 years can't afford the rest of what goes along with boat ownership. :soap box

SLOmofo

EPA unfortunately gets their ideas from the CARB (California Air Resources Board). My stupid state is the problem causer. No more 2 strokes and catalytic converters. Wonder what would happen if I put the 3 star emission stickers I have on my DBR engine cowl.

DragAlly02

I would have to take a xanix to even sign forget that mess
It's mind blowing to me that people actually sit down at a desk, sign off a 10 or 12 yr 75000 dollar loan for a new boat and pull out of the parking lot feeling good. Guess I don't make enough money cause I couldn't begin to fathom that

bc's xtb21

That's me, I'm not wealthy by no means but I make a decent living and I couldn't sleep at night if I owed 70k on a boat. I've got an 89 xtb21 that paid a few thousand for and ended up putting about 10-12k extra in it to restore it, but even that I did as I could afford it. To me that's part of the beauty of an Ally, especially the ones that are composite, even a twenty year old boat like mine is worth investing some money and time into. But to me the best of all is showing up to fish a tournament and running off and leaving all those cookie cutter boats that are brand new 50k dollar rigs in an old 23 year old boat.......

suicidealli

That's me, I'm not wealthy by no means but I make a decent living and I couldn't sleep at night if I owed 70k on a boat. I've got an 89 xtb21 that paid a few thousand for and ended up putting about 10-12k extra in it to restore it, but even that I did as I could afford it. To me that's part of the beauty of an Ally, especially the ones that are composite, even a twenty year old boat like mine is worth investing some money and time into. But to me the best of all is showing up to fish a tournament and running off and leaving all those cookie cutter boats that are brand new 50k dollar rigs in an old 23 year old boat.......

He'll yeah!!!!!!!!

waterqtr

But to me the best of all is showing up to fish a tournament and running off and leaving all those cookie cutter boats that are brand new 50k dollar rigs in an old 23 year old boat.......
+1...

Those are the guys at the landing that come over to your / my 17 year old XB-02 and hang out and talk as I'm wiping it down. Big new boat & big motor wanting to know what year mine is and of course, how fast. Someone said it earlier, these guys are mortgaging most folks retirement savings...

On the other hand, they do have the right to do so!!! Only in America...

SLOmofo

Laughing all the way to the bank ! ! ! !

Thats BANK like in where their $$$$ isn't !

Last edited:

DragAlly02

I will never forget the first dogfight tourney I lined up in my first xb2002 225 Promax with a guy in in a brand new bullet with 300 xs and smoked him I had 14,500 in my boat I bet he had 50,000 in his

whipper

I was shocked - shocked I tell you that the Bass Cat rep says the Jaguar with a 350 HP Verado is an 80 mph rig....... only 80 mph for $74k????
I would rather buy a 120mph rig for half that.:beer: I think they could only selling to the wealthy now a days or poor guys with credit:} But lets face it. Theres more Millionares made today than ever before in history. These boats are so inflated that they only have to sell a few to make as much as they did selling twice as many 10 years ago. Because there true value is so less they will depresiate fast is my guess? The market is full of faster better boats at half that price. So the price used is what the market will bear. I can almost bet 74000.00 isnt going to be appealing if the owner went to sell in 6 months time.
Ill bet 45 wont even look to apealing with 50-100hr or more!! resale is everthing.

Last edited:

resqu-u

So is a dock :big grin
Too Funny! I don't think I could fish the river I live on. Those 21ftr's with a 250/300 must need 2-4ft to float. The perquimans river is mostly 1-3 ft on the edges and is tidal. I guess I'd have a 70,000 dollar sandbar topper :help

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Well, to it dont matter if they are over priced or not. They cost what they cost and there is nothing you can do about it but, pay if you want a new one. You can bet if I had the money I would be in a new XB-21 pro with a Merc 250 on the tail of it.

GotMyAlly

I guess overpriced is subjective, but apparently the demand is there at the current price point or you'd see the price coming down. Still see a million of 'em on the lake every weekend, so somebody is buyin' 'em. I'm always surprised to see how many they sell at these prices though. I have to laugh when I see some ol' boy living in a mobile home, with a 1982 model pickup, yet he shows up at the friday night tournaments with a $50k boat with dual humminbirds 1197s on it! At least he's got his priorities right........LMFAO.

The Cashew Kid

Some folks only care if they can make a monthly note. Being able to finance a new boat for 20 years is why I think you see so many new ones on the water. Folks living on credit. Joe Blow don't care that he's paying $150K if he sees the loan through, he just wants everybody at the ramp to see him loading up his new speckly, shiny, cowboy craft and think he's somebody. I see it every time I go to the lake. Hell, I know some of them guys.:very happy

RedAllison

Well if any boat is "worth" such prices its the XB21. The Ranger isn't even the quality they were 20 yrs ago but they have to pay for their ludicrous advertising and all the free and cut rate boats they give away each year!

The big Bass Cat IS built like they should be! I bet the Jaguar is priced similarly to the other top shelf 21s on the market but that motor is VERY EXPENSIVE, like $24k-$25k expensive aint it?! :gasp

XB21s have pretty good resale because of their quality and rarity, how many 2-3yr old 21ft Rangers are on the market???

bc's xtb21

Not to say that if I won the lottery I wouldn't be at the Ally plant shortly thereafter getting a new xb21. But to me the Allison's are on a VERY short list of boats that actually sell quality as part of that large price tag. I know there are some very well built boats out there, but after owning 14 different bass boats, with two being Allys I have yet to see another brand of the quality Of an Allison. But I might be the slightest bit biased.