ally rally 2011

RedAllison

Looks like a GREAT time. MAN I wish I coulda made it, that old bowrider is AWESOME. Where has it been? Looks like it just came from the Smithsonian. :cuss WOW I'd REALLY like to have that, even has THE perfect motor and stickers on it. Among THE rarest of A-boats. :cool:

On another note, I had to move the pics and link Silverbullet posted until I can clear the pics of the boats in layup with Nancy. In rallies past they've been quite clear in asking no one to post any pics of boats in such a state, especially the transoms. (Silverbullet I'll PM you with the details.) If Nancy or Darris was right there with you and giving you approval on those pics when you took them then no problem, they will be put back up. But until I can get her approval, I'd rather keep them off the board. (You are welcome to repost a link to your picture file page but I ask that you remove the layup boat pics until factory approval is given!)

No hard feelings and I hope you understand where I'm coming from, just wishing to abide by the Allison's wishes in rallies past. :wink
RA

ps
That just might be THE first time "class act" and Chris have EVER been used in the same sentence on this board!!!! :LMAO: (Enjoy it LR!) And yes I want to THANK Joe and Chris for taking over the rally as they have for the last couple of years. Most folks just don't know how much work it takes to get something like this "in stone". THANKS GUYS.

Last edited:

lightening rod

I resemble that remark. The old bowrider is for sale Red.. I saw it several years ago.for sale in Maryville and I can promise you it did not look anywhere near that good. The guy that has it now (sorry cannot remember his name) has done an incredible.job restoring it.

etnprop

A big thanks to those that were able to attend - I really appreciate your taking the time to join us and share the weekend with your families. It is really great to see how the kids have grown in the past ten years we've been doing this and get a chance to catch up.

The weather was hit and miss all weekend but it didn't seem to dampen the spirits of the group much and we appreciate the support of all the local Watts Bar Allison folks for coming out and hanging with us.

A special thanks to Darris and Nancy Allison for not only allowing us to visit the plant but taking the time to come out and join us on the lake for the afternoon during this busy part of the year. Glenn Reynolds joined us for two days as well and I am always blown away by the impact these men have had on performance boat design and racing history. Its fun to read about but they were actually there doing it and it is amazing stuff to hear them talk about it.

From Ben's guide service to Brian tuning on motors for people there were plenty of examples all weekend of why we get together like this... thanks again everybody.

Allyfishing

That's right Joe. I have to apologize for not mentioning Brian's (Allisonman) wrenching on some of our motors. I especially appreciate what you did for my motor. Idles much better and smoother and can't wait to get a chance to make a few WOT runs now that you gave me more throttle.

Thanks
Craig

And thanks to Joe and Chris for taking on the work for the rally. They won't be doing it alone next year! :wink

robo

Thanks for all the work Joe. Thanks to Brian for the advice and letting me run some props. We enjoyed meeting everyone. -----Chris

RedAllison

Layup pics removed, link posted back up! No problem RA!

Brian
Fantastic Brian, looks good. Thank you sir. :beer:
RA

ps
Chris I REALLY didn't need to hear that bowrider was available... :shock: :confused: :twisted evil Was that the orange and white (or was it red/white?) one that was for sale awhile back?

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fantastic Brian, looks good. Thank you sir. :beer:
RA

ps
Chris I REALLY didn't need to hear that bowrider was available... :shock: :confused: :twisted evil Was that the orange and white (or was it red/white?) one that was for sale awhile back?
I know he was working on that bowrider for a couple years. He was ready to hook it up behind somebody's truck right then and there!

RedAllison

Any idea what he was askin for that bowrider or any contact info?

I need that like a hole in the head but that's about as rare and "heads up/double barrel sharp/water ready" as an old A-boat gets. :beer:
RA

biller31

I'm still sleepy... But I wanna go fishing again tonight... again. Probably will too. Ya'll know me. I stand around talking about fishing til midnight then its really time to go! I had fun and really appreciate the folks that put it together. Joe, Thanks for bringing the Mega-Grill! That thing was awesome! Scott, Ryan, Craig, thanks for keeping me company all night. Roy, Thanks for the pie. Bryan, thanks for helping me not be the only fatboy on the beach. (Gotcha last! I win!!!) Maybe next year I'll try to be awake a little earlier in the day... But I'll probably just fish all night again. :)

wc911

Any idea what he was askin for that bowrider or any contact info?

I need that like a hole in the head but that's about as rare and "heads up/double barrel sharp/water ready" as an old A-boat gets. :beer:
RA

Yea me to !!!!! Contact info? That looks GOOOOOD!!!! I like that .:big grin

robo ss

Re: walk thru"A"

hey Red info on the walk thru A owner is Kirk Oran in Kingston, Tn his # is 865 376-1745 . He is going to put some b4 and after pics on here the next day or so, its an awesome boat everything is top notch, Kirk doesnt half *** anything.

Alli-drenaline Rush

Re: walk thru"A"

hey Red info on the walk thru A owner is Kirk Oran in Kingston, Tn his # is 865 376-1745 . He is going to put some b4 and after pics on here the next day or so, its an awesome boat everything is top notch, Kirk doesnt half *** anything.
Maybe I should have included it in the video montage, but I have some footage of Kirk cranking up the Tower of Power...... she sounds as sweet and silky smooth as the boat looks good. I'm with Mike.... Kirk doesn't half-*** a thing!

hack02

Kirk is a great guy and has owned some of the fastest Allisons around there since the late seventies/early eighties.