AllisonOwners.com XR-2001 Race Video

Jon

Supporting Member
[youtube]IonvNkQae_0[/youtube]

I salvaged this video yesterday after Nils made me aware of it, and I'm glad that I did - it is awesome to watch! The start is great, and every turn the XR is just wearing the tunnels out!

Does anyone have some history on the video? Where is it? Who is the driver? Who put the video together?

Thanks,

Jon

racerx

The one driver looks like Jack Barsh the owner of stv boats

TBuck2003

Danny MacManus racing in the super sport class in APBA OPC . All different models of boats but had to be powered by a "Green" 150 motor of your choice and all had to weigh the same. That was early on in this class. An XR 2001 unfortunately would not be competitive now. The Mod VP style boats just get around the course faster... Not Hatin' just sayin'

Jon

Supporting Member
Yeah, we used to have some awesome races here in Kingston. They looked, in the 90's, like one of the SST120 size boats. They were very quick on our course. I would like to get them back vs the PRO class we have now. I like watching the PRO's, but the big boats really scream.

Thanks for the background!

Jon

Supporting Member
They do. They're just the small PRO series. I'm not sure which size, but I would be surprised if they're even the 250 hydro's.

At one time we had races sponsored by Budweiser. We had over 100,000 people in one day come through the event.