Advertising ?

bassracr

Every time I click on a thread on this site now there is an Ad that pops up ? That sux
I click on performance outboards And ad for a Acura dealer 900 miles away pops up ...uhh ..ok

xb03fs

Someone at your hous much be looking at acuras. I have been looking at flooring and lumber liquidators ads keep popping up....

Reactions: Jon

bassracr

It's on my I phone... Never has happened before ? I'm looking at "free obituary search" ad right now from ancestory . Com. I don't see these on other forums I visit .. Strange

Last edited:

Jon

Supporting Member
I placed some ads in the least invasive places possible to start to help make the site self sufficient financially. The ads will not allow me to break even still, but will reduce the financial burden some.

Jon

Supporting Member
Google picks the ads based on your personal web history along with a combination of content on the forum. These are the same ads you see on google.com search results, S&F, and thousands of other pages. They should all be safe for work, and non-intrusive.

Allyfishing

It's not covering content just that I get an ad maybe halfway down a page and then another one again at the bottom of the page. At one point I had several but that has not happened since

Jon

Supporting Member
It's not covering content just that I get an ad maybe halfway down a page and then another one again at the bottom of the page. At one point I had several but that has not happened since
Yes, I accidentally messed up the code at one point. It was placing a lot of ads. As of now there should be no ads covering content, and please let me know if you see any. There will be a short phase of working through this and fine-tuning it. This site currently it cost me personally about $400 a year to pay for hosting, the forum application, and support. I need a way to offset that cost. I am not asking for donations either, as I would rather start generating revenue to be used at Allison event as well. Currently, with the amount of traffic we see today, we should make about $250 a year on ads. I hope to see that increase over time.

You may have also noticed the site has been down some since last night. The hosting provider is having some outages. It is not just our site affected.

admin

Administrator
Paul, I was able to make an adjustment. You should no longer be frightened by Ukrainian women :). My wife is from Poland though, so watch out at the rally this year!

I do apologize for some of the less than tasteful ads which popped up. I found the setting to change the types of ads which are served. If anyone is interested, the ads are through google adsense. And for those concerned about car dealerships across the country, well feel good that those guys are keeping the lights on for us even though you never will buy a car from them.

Please do let me know if anything else odd pops up.

Thanks,

Jon