2008 XB2002 with modified 280

Bobalouie

2008 XB2002 with modified 280 Back up for sale

Boat has been used 1 time since this was originally posted, due to having a new baby in the house. We have another one on the way now, so its time to let go of the boat since we wont be using it much for the next few years. I have updated the compression / leakdown numbers due to having a crappy gauge the first time. New numbers were checked with a Balz leakdown gauge.

2008 Allison XB2002 for sale. Hull was a special order light layup that is rigged as a comp but weighs in at 689lbs as weighed at the Allison factory. Hull is all white in color, and has silver metalflake wraps on the bullet console and the bullet on the rear deck that match the Allison decals on the sides, with charcoal colored carpet that is in great shape. The pad has been blueprinted and it drives like a champ. Boat has the stock lip on the back of the pad.

Boat is a center steer model and has a side slide bucket seat so you can adjust balance without adding weight. It comes with the drivers bucket seat, 2 folding fishing chairs, and a bike seat with a power pedestal.

The gauges consist of a digital speedo, digital tach, water pressure, head temp, volts, digital depth, fuel press, fuel level, Stainless Marine trim gauge, and dual digital EGT’s. All gauges and other accessories were wired with weatherpak waterproof quick disconnects and 14ga tinned marine copper wiring, routed thru a new additional fusebox. It also has a Humminbird 788 DI fishfinder that was purchased new in 2010. The transducer is mounted to a custom plate that bolts to the jackplate of the boat. The boat has full wiring for a trolling motor, but no troller is included. It shot craps on me earlier this year (it was old) and I have not replaced it. I have filled the holes where the troller mounted, so the new buyer can purchase and mount the troller how they want.

The fuel delivery system was modified to decrease the chances for fuel starvation. The fuel standpipe used for the suction side of the pump was removed and a fuel pickup was added to the sump in the bottom of the tank. -8 AN hose and fittings lead from the tank to an Aeromotive billet 100 micron filter with incorporated fuel shutoff to the Bosch fuel pump, then to an Aeromotive billet 10 micron filter before going to the fuel rail. All the filters and pump are mounted to a removable aluminum plate for easy changeout at the races. Pull 2 hoses, unhook one weatherpak connector, remove 6 screws and the whole unit lifts out. The pressure side of the pump uses -6 AN hose and fittings. All Aeroquip fuel hoses are fully ethanol compatible up to E85. The old style fuel level sender was removed and replaced with a Livorsi capacitance sender which has no moving parts to fail. The fuel pump was wired with a Painless wiring waterproof relay and weatherpak connectors.

Boat has hydraulic steering with trim on the wheel, a new Cabelas AGM cranking battery (new in 2012), an Optima blue top trolling battery, new livewell pump (2012), newish aerator pump (2010), newish thru hull fitting for livewell drain and hoses (2010), custom aluminum switch panel for livewell/lights that is powder coated silver metal flake to match the rest of the boat. I have also installed a Mercruiser trim pump for faster trim speeds. It uses self sealing quick disconnects on the hoses for easy removal if required. Boat uses both the ignition kill switch system, and a fuel pump kill switch to be legal for racing.

The engine is a JSRE modified 20” 280 with drag electrics, hidden under a HNR carbon fiber drag cowl. The pan, cowl, and skirt are all carbon fiber and weigh in at about 8.5 lbs.

The engine has about 6 hours on the clock since the rebuild and mods. In fact, I have just finished the break in with dino oil and switched to synthetic. The engine was purchased new from Mercury as a longblock in 2008. Engine uses a 11350 box with an A48 chip. The compression from #1 thru #6 is 140, 140, 140, 140, 145, 140. Leakdown on #1 thru #6 is 4%, 4%, 4%, 6%, 5%, 4%.

This motor RUNS, to put it mildly. A list of stuff done to the engine includes:
JSRE lightweight flywheel
JSRE cut air horn
1” Spacer
CDI 16amp Race Stator
CDI Switchboxes
6 new coils and coil mounts (new at rebuild)
All new wiring harnesses and ground wires (new at rebuild)
ARCO starter (new at rebuild)
TDR Reeds (new at rebuild)
Lapped reed cages (done at rebuild)
Wizard top pin pistons and rings (All new at rebuild)
Encapsulated lightweight wrist pins (new at rebuild)
.050 cut off the front half for increased crankcase compression (done at rebuild)
All new bearings & Gaskets (new at rebuild)
Injectors flowed at Brucato (done at rebuild)
Exhaust work done to the block (done at rebuild)
Lightened and balanced rods (done at rebuild)

I have documentation for all the work done at JSRE. I also have various spare parts that will go with the motor like gaskets, o-rings, and such. The gearcase is a 1.87:1 fatshaft Sportmaster, modified by Robby at Sanderson Marine. It rides on a 20” bass mid that uses the single ram trim system, mounted to a 10” jackplate which has a homemade skid planer. The Sporty also has a Johnson foil on it for improved holeshot.

Trailer is a single axle boatmate that has a foldaway tongue, disc breaks, stainless fenders, and 3 chrome twist wheels.
A custom fitted canvas cover that is entirely felt lined is also included with the boat. This is a real deal heavy duty cover made for long term storage and trailering.

More photos are available at http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l529/Bobalouie44/Allison Sale Photos/?start=all

Price for everything above is $28,000
You can contact me by phone at (405) 397-8974 or PM me here with questions.
Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Darth VMAX

Holy Lord of Moses!!!

Thanks bro! I got a mess to clean up now.....

I just couldn't sell it.... that is one of THE sweetest boats I have ever seen.

champ198

Wow!! Someone is going to get a fantastic rig. What an awesome setup. Makes me wish I'd have gotten a 2002 now. . . . Good luck with the sale.

2003225X

I can honestly say that is the sharpest Allison I have ever seen. At that weight and a modified 280, that thing should scream.

Good luck with the sale!

John S

That is one of the nicest rigging job on an ally, if not any boat period. I saw the other pics on SNF, and whoever did it is a perfectionist. If I were you, I would put a sport console on that thing and tell the wife there ya go, lol. Be hard to replace the details this one has.

Bobalouie

Thanks for the compliment, I did all the rigging myself. I have probably around 3 grand in rigging changes that I made after I bought it. Here is a pic of the back of the console when I moved some gages around to make room for the stainless trim gage and decided that all the gauges needed to be rewired. The slot is cut all janky, which is something I am not proud of, but there was another gauge located there that I moved and I had the holes from that gauge mounting to deal with. But, you cant see it from the front since it is behind the trim gage faceplate.

Last edited:

Darth VMAX

Sport Console, rear bench and twin buckets up front. Get her some tunes (see my XB2002 Make-over thread LOL) and viola' Family boat!

This is the first time I have ever wanted to sell my XB2002 to get another XB2002! GOOD GAWD that boat is beyond words!

whipper

Sweet as Sweet can be. Im speechless what a Masterpiece.
I wouldnt couldnt sell such a rig. I would have to own two boats if that were the case. Good luck with the sale just the same but i hope you get to keep her and win the loto or somthing. Truly one of the finest 02,s on the planet right there!!

Darth VMAX

Can't stop looking at this thread...and its so close to me.

Plug your ears and close your eyes Ross......