2008 XB2002 with modified 280

patches

With the right setup, prop and driver I feel sure the boat will run 110. Me personally I'd rather set it up for a quick 100 mph boat

DragAlly02

+ 1 I think Bob knows the boat will run well over hunerd he has it set up for Et and or fishing" that boat guaranteed will perform past most expections :very happy

Mike
With the right setup, prop and driver I feel sure the boat will run 110. Me personally I'd rather set it up for a quick 100 mph boat

DragAlly02

I think in an earlier post he said he ran a 26 hoss triton 99.6 which probly got their in a hurry in that boat !!

Mike

Bobalouie

Yep, Bill ran it 104 with a 24p prop. I, like you, have it set up to run 100 mph. On any day, with any load. If I pulled all the tools, oil, seats, fishing gear, etc out of it and ran it with 5 gallons of gas, who knows how fast it would run.

ANY XB2002 is capable of 110 mph. Shook proved that. Like patches said, it takes the right setup, prop and a driver with the right skillset and a big set of balls.

My 99.8 mph run (dont cheat me out of my .2mph Mike, LOL) was fully set up for fishing with seats in, all my gear and a full tank of gas. The only thing it didnt have was the trolling motor, because it had already bit the ghost and I had already taken it off. The trolling battery was in to ballast out the cranking battery. It was on a 10" plate with the propshaft set even with the pad. Raise the prop up to 1/2" above, where it used to be set at for racing and that would probably be good for another 3mph at least.

Again, I dont care to find out the limits of the hull. I have a fishing boat with a very conservative setup that runs 100mph. If someone else has one that runs 110mph, it wont matter on the lakes I boat on. I will be so far ahead of them that by the time they start running me down, we will be out of room.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but with the build I have on this motor, I am making at least as much HP as a stock drag, and while I dont have the overrev of a drag, I have more low end punch. Couple that with a 689 lb hull, and you are basically driving a boat that is going to accellerate like a stock layup XR2001 River racer.

My setup takes advantage of this hulls attributes. Light weight doesnt make it necessarily faster on the big end. In fact, it probably would make it harder to drive. Lightweight makes it quicker. Thats why my biggest props are 26's. If I want to put your eyeballs in the back of your head and still run 100mph, I will put my 22P drag prop on it and spin the crap out of it.

Bobalouie

Buy it and set it up how you want and run it. It will be as fast as you want it to be. Set it up with 12-14" of setback, set the prop up 1/2-3/4" above the pad, put a 29-30" wheel on it, throw a Stecky XR6 case on it, strip it down and let it eat.

I am not going to go and get a big wheel, strip it down, and change the setup to try and post a big number. I am not interested in that. This hull is a drag racer, pure and simple. Being quick is often at odds with running a big number, they are totally different setups. Hell, the difference in size between you and me would make a difference. Its unlikely that you are heavier than I am (270 lbs) so it will probably be faster with you in it anyway. What is your goal for top speed?

There have already been a couple of well respected guys who are very knowledgable that have come on this thread and talked about the boat. Some have even seen it in person. One has given a performance estimate of what the boat will run. They are more knowledgable than me and have much more experience, so I would take their word for it over mine anyway.

Last edited:

Contractor

been drivin allision sence 1975.. don't need much set up advice.. tks though

Bobalouie

I am not trying to upset you, so if I did I appologize. That being said, you have 7 posts on this thread asking for how fast it goes. I have been telling you that I dont know, the fastest I have been is loaded at 99.8 mph.

With 37 years of driving and setup experience, you have a much better idea than I do what it will run. You should be thinking about what you can do with it knowing its pedigree and telling me what it would run.

$36K for this boat is a hell of a deal. If you dont want it at that price, or if you think I am stupid for offering it at that price without knowing the penultimate top speed, thats OK. I can accept that. Someone or noone will buy it. If noone buys it I keep it. That certianly wont bother me.

Last edited:

patches

If somebody was trying and couldn't get 110 out of this boat they suck.

I love when people ask me the topend on my boat. I just say about a hundred. LOL

SLOmofo

I'd say, buy it and if it's too slow for you sell it to me at a discount. I'd just rip that (only kidding) Junk Welfare Motor off and put my engine on it, then I'd still only put a small wheel (24- 26) on it. I'd have to wear a Hans device, so it wouldn't rip my head off! :LMAO:

I'd absolutely love to have a XB2002, this one especially, instead of my 2003. The only problem might be it would cork screw it's self through the water with the engine I have.

This is a beautiful package! Now get real and someone buy this engine and sell me the junkie boat for a dollar two ninety eight.

DragAlly02

I am sorry Bob 99.8 Mph :very happy lol " your boat is sweet" I am like you, It makes me a little on edge thinking of running one much over hunerd I like to get to that mark quick' my new rig if I hit 105 I will be content with that" I wish I could pull the trigger on yours :wink

Mike

Last edited:

Casey G

Nice boat and good luck with the sale!

Just like all of us I get asked all the time how fast my boat is, standard answer is “ idk, about 100 mph I guess?” and honestly that’s the truth, I could care less. I have a 280 and a drag, it’s plenty quick. I just don’t want to take the risk to prove it. Some like it and they have proven what these boats will do with just about any given motor combo.