1980 13' Allison

aero

Probationary User
this is an ongoing project.the transom is done.the powerhead is built.waiting on my glass man to finish his backyard shop.

Attachments

TBuck2003

I know that boat well raced against it many times.That boat was originally owned by I believe Johnny Calley of Texas.There were alot of guys running EP from around that area in the early to late 80s.I had a 14 footer with the same motor.That was by far the funnest class I ever competed in.With a 21-23 cleaver (tough to find now) about even with the pad you should see an honest mid to upper 60s.Good luck with it and keep us posted with the progress.Did the boat come from Texas?If not it had to be down south in that area.Call me if you have any set up issues would be happy to help.And if you need a test dummy driver that could be arranged also.SWEET BOAT!!!! 330-425-3629.

Todd

aero

Probationary User
Todd,this is John Calley's old boat.i work in a marine repair shop in Dickinson,Tx. a guy came by with it wanting to sell it.a no brainer.i've got a 1982 15" 75 johnson going on it.a lot of performance work has been done to it.175 hp 60 degree carbs on an adapter plate,o-ringed heads,lightened pistons and wrist pins,finger ports added and ports raised.
the transom has been replaced with carbon fiber and closed cell high strength foam.just waiting on my glass guy to finish his backyard shop so he can paint it.
i'll take a few more photos when i get to the shop.

allen

Attachments

TBuck2003

Allen,
You have a piece of boat racing history.I should of hung on to mine,stupid me.With what you are doing to the motor you will need to spin as many rpms as poss.With those mods dont lug it down with a big prop (pitch) it will only become tougher to tame.If properly done you can spin the motor to 7500-8000 without a problem.Watch out for exhaust cover plates they like to get loose on you.Also keep an eye on powerhead studs they like to shake loose.Loc tite everything.If you went real aggressive on port timing you may need to spin 8000-8500 to take advantage of power band from port job.Good luck and keep pics coming.Later Allen.

Todd