13ft xr2001 copy

michael j giesler

That guy has been really busy he has been restoring a lot of boats that thing would look great with a new e bomb v4 on the back with a 15" Taylor mid i wonder if this is the guy who is going to make new xr2002 that people can afford

FFWD

I would think it would be faster than 76mph. My real XR 2001 went 68mph with a 90hp. And a four stroke to boot :)

Lotus 50

There are quite a few T boats in Southern Ontario. T-Buck has the same Allison hull pictured above.

Most are Voo Doos, Deltas, and Critchfields. 68-72 seems to be as fast as it gets with 70-75 HP motors that are allowed.

90 HP motors are not allowed in the racing class, but there are a few rec boats around with 90's. Based on my friend's VooDoo/90 Yamaha, I don't think 90 mph or even 80 is possible. I'd expect them to accelerate a lot harder than the 90 HP XR2001, but not top out crazy faster.

procomp

I would think it would be faster than 76mph. My real XR 2001 went 68mph with a 90hp. And a four stroke to boot :)

Very cool. I have to ask what made you try this setup? Had the motor kicking around and figured what the :cuss

FFWD

Very cool. I have to ask what made you try this setup? Had the motor kicking around and figured what the :cuss
Pretty much. I had just got the boat back from Jack at FTP and had not rigged anything. I had a new pontoon sold with a 90 Yamaha 4 stroke and the engine was already uncrated and hanging on the hoist. I kind of jokingly told my brother I wonder how the XR would run with that 90 Yamaha. Later that day I laid a control box in the floor, stuck a seat in it, And headed to the lake. It ran much better than I thought it would. After I took the 90 off I tried a 150 Yamaha 4 stroke which pushed it to blowout speeds in the low 80s with the stock gear case.

whipper

So now there is the ultimate BB spanking sleeper!!:big grin You imagine some guy who doesn't know Allisons with a 20ft 400hp inboard pulls along side you thinking he will eat you to his 70mph top speed if hes lucky only to get spanked buy a 20fter with a 4 stroke 90 yammi.:beer:

harrells

Will he build this for a customer, or is it his personnel project? Very sharp, wouldn't mind having one.

Lotus 50

I think the boats are made in Florida. But if you want it looking like jewelry, route it through http://www.ronnys.ca/

I found this on Boat RAcing Facts: "A man by the name of Larry Register builds them. He doesn't have a computer, so no website!:D The boats are fully composite and weigh around 250lbs. They cost $2500US, but the price may be going up soon! He can be reached at 850 482-3588. Tell him you were talking to Dave from Canada!"

Last edited:

XXXR2001

Whats the difference between that boat (13' Ally' ?) and a Critchfield? Looks like a Critchfield with a modified deck to me.

at100plus

Probationary User
I was wondering that too, anybody know which came first, the Allison, Critchfield or Delta? Bottoms all look very similar.

Last edited: