03 Owners Help Please

catfish123

Anyone know why the lip height was increased? Mine is a 1999 XB2003 so I guess it has the .090" lip height? It has run 97.1 mph with a 225X and 13.5" setback.

catfish123

What is a difference of .030" anyway.......about 1/32"???? Would that much of a change really make a noticeable difference???

catfish123

Well, there sure is no doubt about you have your boat running great.....BIG NUMBERS!

Bill Kemp

morespeed4me i live in murfreesboro we can get together at normandy one day if you want. i'm no expert but i do have another prop you could try. i use to have a 28p quad 4 that i bought used and it to was supposedly setup for a allison but i did not like it as it got real lose and around 92 it had alot of stren lift so i keep want to hit the trim (bad thing to do) if i can't help then you could come to pickwick at the end of april and there will be plent poeple that can figure it out

Texan

I run the same boat with a 260 with a CLE and the pad, according to pickwickangler, has been worked. Consistently I can run mid to high 80's with a fishing load and my partner. I've got a 28 Chopper that is bone stock, other than me having it in to Gene Struble to have some nicks taken out and to have the weed-cutters taken off.

On the other hand, I've got a 22 Chopper than has some cup to it, done by Gene as well, that will scare the hell out of you because it has so much bow lift. I use it to pull the crumb-eater around on a tube in the summer.

I'm dead even with the pad.

I'm with others - sounds like it is in the prop. I don't have the skid planer or any of that chit. Not saying that I wouldn't like it, but stuff like Christmas and birthdays keep getting in the way. My hole shot isn't what the big barge is, but it don't take long to overtake and out run 'em. I had a good friend teach me and I always trip up a couple of bumps, then punch it to break over. When it starts to break over, trim up 'till you know it is right, then haul arse.

Just my .02.

amosXB03

Its most likely the prop....coupled with the heavy troller...even though I was taking on water yesterDAY (see post). I was at the lake to fish and test the same prop. The hydromotive has alot more overall lift than either of your old props. I made a couple of passes and the boat never seemed to sit right like with the allison cut chopper or the cut trophy. But then again I had some water in the boat that I wasn't aware of at the time....

Morespeed4me

Bill I will take you up on your offer, just let me know sometime late this week, which day and what time this coming weekend would work best for you. I could meet you at priest if that is better for you?
Thanks
Paul

Bill Kemp

paul priest has to much traffic on it to run a boat and from where i live normandy is a better drive i'll send you a pm and we'll go from there

Morespeed4me

Update
Well I had plans on meeting Bill Kemp the weekend of the 11th to see if we could figure out my problems, but a tornado hit Murfreesboro Friday the 10 thand Bill had to work all weekend, The next weekend I had to work 12 hour days, so this last weekend was the first chance I had to take the boat out again. I know it would of been great to have gone to the FasrBass rally at Pickwick but I had a 3 day fishing trip planned to the big G for months then. I put on a 28 chopper II the boat still seems to run flat altho it did have some more bow lift. After talking to a Bullet owner at the ramp I think my uncomfortable feeling is from to much play in my hydraulic steering and maybe just not feeling the boat with it, his boat had, next to no play, mine has somewhere around 1/4" to 1/2" of play. I have tried to purge the system several more times since the install and it did not get any better. He suggested taking it and having it power purged. I called several boat dealers around here today and nobody seems to have a power purger here, Any suggestions will be appreciated. I also planned on taking the skid plainer off after trying the chopper, but I left my tool box at home. So it is comming off before the trip to the lake. To see if that is the cause for running so flat. Also the chopper did come out of the hole better.
Thanks in advance
Paul

Last edited:

chad202

On the steering, tighten the split nut that has the screw it. That's probably you slop problem.

bigtis

I know but every time I shaved a little, I could tell a difference.
Chad, have you hooked your boat? I'm sure you have since it's pushed to the edge.. Just curious!!! can ya count how many turns she's made on ya since you've had her?

Morespeed4me

Thanks Guys

Mine is tight. I seem to have a problem somewhere else. Not sure where to start, I guess I will try to purge it again. Should be back on the water this coming weekend.
Paul