Search results

1. M

Did Darris drop the XB2002, XB2003, and the SS2000 ?

Are these officially no longer available ? No longer on website. Is there another thread about this that I missed? MDS PS: Sad day in "Allisonville", but I get the several reasons why ...
  2. M

Prop Recommendations - SS w/280

Gentleman - Any recommendations for a good all around prop? Just purchased an Allison SS2000 Excel / 280 SS (consumer box - 7750 limiter). No organized racing. Usually will run solo or with one passenger - cruising and top speed runs. Thanks, MDS
  3. M

WTB - 225 Promax or 225X

Gentleman - Looking for a complete 225 Promax or 225X. Need sportmaster. 15 inch mid is a bonus - going on an Allison SS2000. No hurry. Thanks, Mike Sufka St. Cloud, MN
  4. M

Any SS 2000's for sale ??

Just curious ........ Specifically looking for an Excel.
  5. M

A new SS2000 ????

Does anyone know if Allison is still making the SS 2000? When was the last one made? MDS
  6. M

Russ "62mph" P.

Gang - Old Russ is now a real Allison driver. He dunked his boat twice over the weekend. What ya think Russ? His new name is Russ "62 mph" Peterson. Of course, "62" refers to his top speed to date :) MDS
  7. M

Moderators?

What happened to 23 Grandsport thread and Catfish123?
  8. M

Project Allison - One friend to another

http://speedonthewater.com/boat-restorationsprojectsupgrades/2199-project-allison-from-one-best-friend-to-another
  9. M

White SS2000 on WhiteFish Chain?

Gentleman - Who had the white SS on Lower Hay Lake this past weekend? Anybody here? Mike
  10. M

"Funnest Allison to drive" ????

Gentleman - Help me out. I've owned two Grandsports (one with a Merc 260 and one with a 200 ProV Yamaha). I boat on a bigger chain of lakes so went bigger (currently own a Spectre 30 with twin 300XS's). I'm at the point of being bored with my Spectre and want to do something different...
  11. M

Orange Grandsport!!!!!!

Gentleman - Two thumbs up on the orange Grandsport found here......... http://www.allisonboatscanada.com/inventory.htm That is a fantastic looking boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know they ever made a Grandsport with orange accents. MDS PS: Anybody have any more pictures of...
  12. M

What motors are they recommending???

I just picked up a Mercury Racing catalog and see that all three racing outboards - the 225 Sport XS, the 250XS, and the 300XS, all weigh 505 pounds. What motors are the Allison dealers recommending for these boats, if bought new? The XB2002 and XB2003 and XS2003 are all limited to 440...
  13. M

What's your Favorite Allison (and why?)

Going along with the thread "most owned Allisons", just curious as to what is your favorite Allison model and why? I've driven an XR2002, a XTB, several Grandsports (I've owned two), a few SS 2000's, and a few XB 2002's. Unfortunately, I haven't spent enough time in anything besides my...
  14. M

Best Ski Prop for Grandsport

Guys - Opinions on best ski prop for Grandsport? I have a 200 ProV Yamaha on the back with a stage 2 kit from Hydro-Tec. The boat came with a 25 pitch 4-blade Shooter. We skied with it the first time yesterday and I wasn't overly impressed. Hard to get two different guys out of the...
  15. M

Your First Allison Experience?????????

Hey Guys - I'm bored so I'm going to throw a question out there to hopefully hear some good stories and get some good reading material. What was your first Allison experience?????????? For myself, I'll give you a little background. At the time of my first Allison encounter, I owned...
  16. M

Bring back the XR2002???????

Gang - What would it take and is there any chance that Darris would bring back the XR2002? It seems a shame that such a historic boat is gone forever. Mike Sufka St. Cloud, MN Spectre 30/Twin 300 Mercs Allison Grandsport/200 ProV Yamaha
  17. M

History of Grandsport????????????

Gang - Does anyone know the brief history of the Grandsport? What was the first year it was made? Have there been any changes to hull, deck, etc... since the beginning? Any other interesting facts? Thanks, Mike Sufka St. Cloud, MN
  18. M

Grandsport with Yamaha?????

Has anyone on here (besides Mike Waldera and Wayne Briggs) spent any time with a Grandsport and V6 Yamaha? Just curious as to impressions, speeds, setup, props, etc... I'm looking at one on Friday with a 200 ProV tuned by Hydro-Tec. Thanks, Mike Sufka St. Cloud, MN
  19. M

Any XR2002's for sale?????

Guys - Does anybody have any information on XR2002's that are for sale? I know there was a red/white one in New York some time ago. Is that still for sale? Thanks, Mike Sufka St. Cloud, MN
  20. M

Care to comment on the XR2002

Gang - I used to own a Grandsport, but have since sold it for bigger rigs. I'm missing my Allison, so I'm thinking about looking for an XR2002. I have spent a total of five minutes in this boat. Anyone care to comment about there driving impressions? What's the scoop on this boat...