Search results

1. M

"WANTED" CENTERSECTION FOR 2.4 OR 200

Still looking for that centersection w trim if anyone knows of anyone that has one. The years i could use are 84-94. Thanks!
  2. M

Bob's

The work cost around 380 I think but the shipping was another 100
  3. M

Bob's

I had my lower unit done at bob's, they did a good job. I would recomend them.
  4. M

Jack plate????

I really hope I don't have to move the gas tank! That would not be fun! :grin:
  5. M

Jack plate????

My jackplate is bolted from the outside. The nuts are behind the gas tank so r the nuts made into the boat??
  6. M

Jack plate????

On my xb2002 I have an manual jackplate. I was curious to know that if I wanted to change that to an hydralic jackplate would I have to remove the gas tank to remove the bolts? :shock:
  7. M

where is he located? Finding a centersection is like finding a needle in a haystack. Also if anybody knows anyone in TN that would be helpful too.
  8. M

lOOKING FOR INFO ON FINDING A USED CENTERSECTION FOR A 2.4 OR 200 MERCURY. i HAVE THE OLD STYLE AND WOULD LIKE TO FIND A CENTERSECTION W THE TRIM ALREADY ON IT. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.
  9. M

Contacting Titus???

WHAT IS A REALISTIC TURN AROUND TIME B/C I'M LOOKING AT DOING THIS IN THE WINTER TIME AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME KINDA IDEA OF HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE.
  10. M

Contacting Titus???

I'm just leary of sending off my lower unit and it coming back screwed up. I'm trying to talk to different machinest to get the best result. :lol:
  11. M

Contacting Titus???

Does anyone have a number for him. I'm hearing that Bob's nosecones will crack eventually because he tack welds them on. Someone had said that Titus welds the nosecone all the way on. I was wanting to contact him just to see what he says.
  12. M

Bob's

I think bob's maybe the way i'll go with this one. I appreciate the input cuz these boat seem really sensitive to change and a nose cone and low water pickup is a big change to me. I figured asking people that own allisons is the best way to get accurate input. :D
  13. M

Bob's

The mods i'm looking for is a nose cone and low water pick-up. Right now my motor is way to low in the water and handels very bad. I can't bring up my engine with out the necessary low water pick-ups. I'm just trying to find a good company to do business with that also does good work. Also...
  14. M

Bob's

Are they the best place for lower unit alteration? If not, who is.
  15. M

set up on xb2002

I checked with my buddy and we believe that the motor mounts are the majority of my problem. To much play in the old ones. Now just got to find some solid motor mounts and put them on and hope for the best.
  16. M

set up on xb2002

DO ALL ALLISONS HAVE THESE LIPS BECAUSE MINE DOESN'T?
  17. M

set up on xb2002

What does the lip look like?
  18. M

set up on xb2002

i am out of hendersonville, tn. Im always trying to run it on old hickory lake, which kinda snakes through a few cities in the mid state. As far as running mates a good friend of mine is going to show me the ropes, he has owned multiple allison's. I am a firm beleiver in learning from...
  19. M

set up on xb2002

Sounds like there maybe a common theme here engine height and seat time. Preciate the tips guys. Anymore is always appreciated. Im just trying to get this boat drivable passed 55 its like hanging on for dear life. Lol :o
  20. M

set up on xb2002

The xb 2002 is a center steer boat. When I purchased the boat it had a blown mariner 175 on it. I then placed my 78 Merc. 200 on the back. Another problem I have is that i'm not sure how much water pressure is too little. I don't want to blow this puppy up. Then ill just be another pretty...