Contacting Titus???

mrjr

Does anyone have a number for him. I'm hearing that Bob's nosecones will crack eventually because he tack welds them on. Someone had said that Titus welds the nosecone all the way on. I was wanting to contact him just to see what he says.

JaySmithRacing

The Bob's I've had dealings with have been bullet proof....Dunno, I'm sure every vendor has a product everyonce in a while that has issues the law of averages come into play on every product ???All I can speak about is the Bob's I've had contact with....

Good luck,
Jay @ JSRE

BigRedAlli

I've abused mine for two years now...No cracks 8)

Have more trouble keep'in paint on it... :lol:
Marty

chad202

Marty, When Tooter did mine, he left it primed. I then got some black etching primer and sprayed it black. Now it's easy to just touch it up with primer and it blends it great.

BigRedAlli

Thanks Chad...

Mine's just primer now also...Never had any problems with the primer,just the paint... :?
Marty

mrjr

I'm just leary of sending off my lower unit and it coming back screwed up. I'm trying to talk to different machinest to get the best result. :lol:

Yellowallison

You should feel safe sending it to Bob's cause he's said to have done like 5,000+ gearcase LWP jobs... :wink: :wink:

ziemer

chad202 said:
Marty, When Tooter did mine, he left it primed. I then got some black etching primer and sprayed it black. Now it's easy to just touch it up with primer and it blends it great.
Black sandable primer is the best thing going for keeping a gearcase looking nice. :wink: I taped mine off just above the bullet and kept the top side shiny black and the bullet and skeg primer. When it comes off a little all it takes is a quick spray of the primer and it looks new again. :D

Forkin' Crazy

I had one done at Bob's not too long ago. Looks great beside the paint pealing off. :roll:

Don't believe their turn around time. It is BS. :?

mrjr

WHAT IS A REALISTIC TURN AROUND TIME B/C I'M LOOKING AT DOING THIS IN THE WINTER TIME AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME KINDA IDEA OF HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE.

ziemer

I sent mine to Titus about this time last year, and he took about a week to do the work. So depending on your location anywhere from 2-3 weeks total to send it and get it back. :wink: