Search results

1. T

No longer an Allison owner...

Living next the Coast here in south GA, we decided to go with an "all purpose" boat for now and ended up having to sell the Allison to make it happen. The other reason for getting this boat is my sister is getting her Captains License to do charters. We are hoping to move into a 21 SUB in a year...
  2. T

May need your help Todd?

Todd, Hey, we sold the 2003xb w/ 250xs to Neal as you already know. We have a different kind of animal now, its a 23ft Glasstream 228 T.E. it has a 250 4 stroke Suzuki on it. It has a 16x23 3 blade suzuki prop and hits that rev limiter (6250rpms) at 58mph, suppose to run mid 60's dealer said...
  3. T

28" Performer

********SOLD****** 28" Performer ran it with xb2003 225 pro max and also ran it on the 250xs. $350
  4. T

SeaStar Fluid??

Steering was not feeling right yesterday, checked the helm and no fluid... My question is do you have to use the Seastar brand or can you put another kind of hydraulic oil in it? New to the whole hydraulic steering system, any info would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks, Tommy
  5. T

Where to stay in Knoxville, TN??

I know alot of ya'll live up in TN, our youth group at church is going to Winter Fest @ the Thompson Boling Arena in Knoxville (March 12-14). Any of you have a suggestion of a good place to stay up there if you live around that area, so far Quality Inn looks like best choice yet. Any info would...
  6. T

Thanks!!! Todd

I bought a 28" Quad IV X-OB from Todd back in June and only got to run it once before I had reconstructive surgery on my knee, this past week we we're able to go to our Regional Tournament for 4 days at Seminole(we missed going to Nationals by .8 of a pound), first time out with new prop since...
  7. T

Anybody interested in???

225 ProMax Block (new in 2008) only one year old, has 101 hrs. on it. 7 pedestal front halve, boysen reeds, 15" mid, 2.5 cowl, injectors sent to Brucato last year, have papers on powerhead purchase, and I think mechanic still has sheet on injectors. Blew the foot out a few months ago and my...
  8. T

Cooter's Pond??

Hey, Does anyone know anything about Cooter's Pond (not the one in Hazard County).. I have Regionals there the end of October and have never even heard of this place. Any info would be greatly appreciated from anyone that lives near there or that knows anything about it period.
  9. T

Jack Plates??

Unfortunately, Its time for a new hydraulic jack plate, had a land&sea and they don't support them anymore. What kind of plates are ya'll running? What kind of plate does Allison put on the boats now? and does anyone run any jackplates from Bob's Machine? Any info would be greatly...
  10. T

Possible Trailer Issue

When I back up with the trailer, the brakes lock up on the least little thing, If I crawl then it will back up, uneven ground or any little incline and it locks. Is this right or does it sound like the actuator could be going bad?? and it is a BoatMate.. any info would be great....
  11. T

Top pin pistons??

This may be a stupid ? but here goes. What is the difference and advantages if any, of a top pinned piston vs. regular?
  12. T

225 pro max powerheads???

Went to Seminole today to fish my first tournament in my xb2003 and slung a Rod or something through the block, big hole in side of block and pieces of metal all in pan. Any ideas on who might be able to rebuild if possible or where to get powerheads, if possible I need a three week turnaround...
  13. T

Keys for deck lids??

Anyone know what would be best option for keys for the compartments on xb2003? Would Allison have some or go to locksmith? Just bought a 97 xb2003 and the only key that came with it was the ignition, going to need to find one of them as well, but I'm sure a Merc dealer would have some of the...
  14. T

RealDeal Prop/ xb2003??

Does anyone have or know of anyone that has run a realdeal prop on an 2003? I ran one my old gambler and it was the best prop I'd ever tried. Just wondering how it would be on Ally, cause I know they're totally different boats. Any info would be great..