Search results

1. F

Mechanic Needed

Thanks, but I still feel I paid too much for little results other then clean injectors. Looking for someone trustworthy in CT, if anyone can help that would be great.
  2. F

Mechanic Needed

I’m ok with that, just hurts on the other $600 spent with no results.
  3. F

Mechanic Needed

Thanks. He charged an hourly rate and blew the lines out and did a few other things, none of which solved the issue, but all of which ran the bill up to about $800. That’s why I’m looking for recommendations. I don’t want to just keep trying mechanics until I find one that doesn’t over charge...
  4. F

Mechanic Needed

Thank you. That’s exactly what I need, a good backyard mechanic, but hard to find here in CT. I’ve been posting on social media looking for one. Mechanic charged by the hour and sent my fuel injectors to be cleaned saying that could be the cause. Big Bill with no results, expensive lesson...
  5. F

Mechanic Needed

It has a small fuel leak that I posted about a few weeks ago, and my lower unit has a crack where the Bobs nose cone was added, that I need V’ed out, patched, primed and painted. I had a marina look at fuel leak and charged me a fortune and didn’t fix it. I want a mechanic that someone can say...
  6. F

Mechanic Needed

I’ve brought mine to two marinas here and both said that they don’t really work on “racing” motors. Just looking for any input on a good mechanic, who has some experience with a 225 pro max from my area. I’d prefer not to blindly pick a name out of a hat for a mechanic and hope they are good...
  7. F

Mechanic Needed

Hey all, Does anyone know of any reliable mechanics that work on Promax motors in Connecticut? Thanks and happy holidays!
  8. F

Lower Unit Crack

Thanks!
  9. F

Lower Unit Crack

Thanks! I guess just touch it up with some matching paint and move on?
  10. F

Lower Unit Crack

Here are the follow up photos. It goes around to the other side, so I added photos of both sides. Thanks
  11. F

Lower Unit Crack

I just purchased a 1998 Promax 225 about 5 months ago along with an XB2003. I ran it 4 times and other then a small fuel leak mentioned in a previous post, no issues. I drained the lower unit oil and put fresh oil in 3 weeks ago to winterize it. The oil coming out was fine, no indication of...
  12. F

1998 Promax 225 Small Fuel Leak

Supposedly the mechanic pulled this piece off and said the gasket was fine. I’m not totally convinced. Thanks for your input. I appreciate any suggestions.
  13. F

Thank you, I will do that for sure regardless. Im pretty certain it is dripping from the bolt though. I watched very carefully after running it on the muffs and felt around the hoses. I could be wrong though and will do as you suggested. I’ll see if I can upload a video of it dripping too. Thank...
  14. F

All, I’m puzzled by this small fuel leak that I noticed. I have an 1998 XB2003 with a 1998 Promax 225. After out and about on the lake I’ve been noticing a small amount fuel in the groves of the bottom of the cowling (approx 1 tablespoon). I hooked the muffs on and ran the motor with cowling off...