Mechanic Needed

Fresh Water

Hey all, Does anyone know of any reliable mechanics that work on Promax motors in Connecticut? Thanks and happy holidays!

Fresh Water

A Promax is really not much different than a production laser inject motor. Higher rev limit, solid mounts., funky cowl, 225 slightly different block, 200 pm/150 pm same block unpainted. Most LU's were sportmaster/cle--same tools to work on.
I’ve brought mine to two marinas here and both said that they don’t really work on “racing” motors. Just looking for any input on a good mechanic, who has some experience with a 225 pro max from my area. I’d prefer not to blindly pick a name out of a hat for a mechanic and hope they are good. I’ve already been over charged and a problem not fixed. Thanks you!

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve brought mine to two marinas here and both said that they don’t really work on “racing” motors. Just looking for any input on a good mechanic, who has some experience with a 225 pro max from my area. I’d prefer not to blindly pick a name out of a hat for a mechanic and hope they are good. I’ve already been over charged and a problem not fixed. Thanks you!
What’s wrong with it? Like said above, as far as nuts and bolts, they’re nothing different than a production 150/175/200.

Fresh Water

It has a small fuel leak that I posted about a few weeks ago, and my lower unit has a crack where the Bobs nose cone was added, that I need V’ed out, patched, primed and painted. I had a marina look at fuel leak and charged me a fortune and didn’t fix it. I want a mechanic that someone can say, this guy knows what he’s doing and is an honest person. I’ve been to a few other marinas that said they don’t work on “racing” motors.

Attachments

Fresh Water

Thank you. That’s exactly what I need, a good backyard mechanic, but hard to find here in CT. I’ve been posting on social media looking for one. Mechanic charged by the hour and sent my fuel injectors to be cleaned saying that could be the cause. Big Bill with no results, expensive lesson, that’s why I’m here asking for help. I don’t want to do that again...

Fresh Water

Thanks. He charged an hourly rate and blew the lines out and did a few other things, none of which solved the issue, but all of which ran the bill up to about $800. That’s why I’m looking for recommendations. I don’t want to just keep trying mechanics until I find one that doesn’t over charge me. Most of the mechanics up here charge around $100 an hour, and it doesn’t take long for that to add up...

Fresh Water

Thanks, but I still feel I paid too much for little results other then clean injectors. Looking for someone trustworthy in CT, if anyone can help that would be great.