Search results

1. dubmoney

Allison Cut 2.5 Lower Unit

Brand new Gears, Bearing, and Seals. Concealed water hose. Never been wet. 3.0 Bearing Carrier, 15" drive shaft, small prop shaft. 1700.00 OBO.
  2. dubmoney

ISO 28P Chopper

ISO 28P chopper with small shaft or flo torque hub.
  3. dubmoney

Skeg Modifications 2017

Guys I am on my third lower unit, and the newest one came with a huge torque tab! The biggest handling issue with the newest lower unit was high speed porposing. I decided to start grinding away at it to make it look more like the last two lower units I ran. Both of them had very little...
  4. dubmoney

27P SRX

27P SRX with small shaft Mercury 2.5 hub. One small knick on one blade. $300.00 plus shipping OBO
  5. dubmoney

Help me out fellas 15" drive shaft measurment

Does anyone have a lower unit for a 15" mid 2.5 mercury sitting around they can measure the drive shaft length. The measurment I need to confirm it the length of the drive shaft measured from the top of the waterpump.
  6. dubmoney

Broke my Lower Unit last night need advice :0

I was running about 70mph yesterday, and feel a slight hiccup, then another about 10 seconds later, then motor shut down and I coast to a stop. At first I thought I lost an ear off the prop, or maybe a maybe a rod. I checked her out, turned the flywheel by hand. All felt ok, so I turned the...
  7. dubmoney

Powerhead Gaskets

I was just down at the boat shop picking up a rectifier and wanted gaskets that go from mid to powerhead. The local shop wants 56 bucks one, and I think I need two? Is 112.00 really the cost for the two gaskets I will need to remove the powerhead and replace my old cowing with a new one? I am...
  8. dubmoney

260 low fuel pressure

I have installed a fuel pressure sender for a speed hut digital fuel pressure gauge which now resides in my dash. I really like it. Problem is it reads 38 lbs at start up then slowly drops to 22 or 23 lbs. I burn 20 gallons of gas on yesterday's test run and all seems good except for the fuel...
  9. dubmoney

Got XB2003 and 2.5 260 SS now the fun starts, Setup Questions

Well, I have finally got the two main ingrediants, an XB2003 and a Mercury 2.5 260. The boat I bought was previously owned by Roy AKA AllyProud and I believe Herk. it had a 225 20inch Promax. I am now going to a 15" mid. I hung the motor over the weekend and found that the Seastar Hydrolic...
  10. dubmoney

260 Compression

I am looking a purchasing a Mercury 2.5 260 that has had some "port work done to it". All six cylinders have between 5-7% leak down. The tech says all cylinders are between 118 and 122 # compression. The compression numbers seem low to me, but the owner says that ported engines don't produce...
  11. dubmoney

Shipping a xb2003 across the country

I am in the process of purchasing an xb2003 in Illinois, and need to have it shipped, (boat and trailer) to Oregon, or at least within a days drive. Does anyone have any contacts or ideas about doing that. Thank you in advance for any ideas or advise you may have to offer.