Powerhead Gaskets

dubmoney

I was just down at the boat shop picking up a rectifier and wanted gaskets that go from mid to powerhead. The local shop wants 56 bucks one, and I think I need two? Is 112.00 really the cost for the two gaskets I will need to remove the powerhead and replace my old cowing with a new one? I am working on a 98 2.5 260 with off shore mid.

bassracr

I was just down at the boat shop picking up a rectifier and wanted gaskets that go from mid to powerhead. The local shop wants 56 bucks one, and I think I need two? Is 112.00 really the cost for the two
gaskets I will need to remove the powerhead and replace my old cowing with a new one? I am working on a 98 2.5 260 with off shore mid.
Unfortunately most parts the dealers sell they want to crack your head ,I suppose to make up for winter downtime. No doubt you could find them cheaper online. I'm sure this answer won't be popular with some folks.. But those are on a very short list of gaskets I have and would re-use . If they look real good when they come apart, I would re-use them . If not I would bend over.