Search results

1. Freebird

1980 EP15

Very rare and all original, right down to the wheels on the original, color matched, SMP trailer. Original 60 Mariner (Yamaha) with power trim and stainless prop. It has spent most of its life in a garage, and it shows. It's not perfect, but it's about as good as it gets for a 37 year old...
  2. Freebird

XST 18 Restoration

Gonna be restoring my late brother's boat this winter and hope it'll be finished by warm weather. Long story short, unknown to me, it was left outside for the past 3 1/2 years or so with no cover whatsoever. Somebody trimmed up the motor to the point it dented the transom cap and pulled it...
  3. Freebird

1999 200 XRI

Just bought Double J's boat yesterday and have decided to put my current 2000 225 Pro Max on it. He can tell you more about this motor than I can (and already has in his ad), but I'll sell it a few different ways. I'm keeping the custom cowl and the sporty, but I have a CLE (newly rebuilt less...
  4. Freebird

Stuck Injector Fries ECU?

I posted this on Scream & Fly but thought I would pick some brains here too in case you missed it there. Any input (and a good deal on a A32 ECU) would be greatly appreciated. :D http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?317241-Stuck-Injector-Fried-My-ECU
  5. Freebird

28" Mercury Chopper

Part # 48-76108-28. In original condition with no dings, cracks, or signs of previous repairs. Price is $300 plus shipping in a factory propeller box. Can get it to Jasper next weekend.
  6. Freebird

1979 SS20

Looking at selling my '79 SS20 with a 2000 Mercury 225 Pro Max as I've run across another boat that's caught my eye. The boat is in excellent shape and is an unmolested, original survivor. Truth is, if it doesn't sell, I won't be losing any sleep. Boat is in Kingston, TN Will sell boat and...
  7. Freebird

Question About The New Format

Not sure if this was covered someplace else, but did we lose some old stuff when the new format came into play? I was trying to go back to Double J's post about his GT20 restoration, and the link in his signature doesn't work anymore. Was just trying to see where he got the retro decals...
  8. Freebird

Need A A32 ECU

Swapped mine out for a borrowed one, and that solved a problem I'm having. I've called everybody I know to call, but no luck so far. Gonna check with Simon about repairing mine, but it's been in the hands of CDI already. Been told that could be a problem, but we'll see what they say.
  9. Freebird

1225 Pro Max

Any ideas on setback, props, or motor height?
  10. Freebird

CLE or Bob's

Bought a 225 Pro Max for my SS20 yesterday and have the choice of either of these gear cases. Either will be checked, serviced and ready to go. I don't anticipate speeds that will get me into problems with the CLE, but I'm just not sure which would be the better choice. Whadda ya think?
  11. Freebird

Need An Old Style Merc Jackplate

Anybody know where I can find a 6" setback with the old bolt pattern for a '79 Merc V6?
  12. Freebird

Any Other GT/SS-20 Owners Out There?

It's been over 25 years since I sold my first SS20, and I know there have been lots of changes in prop technology etc. since then. I just bought another one with a stock '79 Merc 175 that's bolted directly to the transom and spinning an aluminum prop. That's obviously not going to work, so...
  13. Freebird

My 5th Allison

Picked up another SS20 yesterday and was tickled to see what kind of shape it was in having driven almost 400 miles to see it in person. No doubt this puppy has spent a lot of time in a garage. Solid as a rock, and not a crack anywhere other than one small spider crack at the passenger seat...