Search results

1. fenwayfear

One new boat.....

How much for the boat shed, very intetested
  2. fenwayfear

This is the best thing I've added to my Allison

Where do purchase the full cover and how much? Very interested.
  3. fenwayfear

Xb03/2.5 280

Nice looking ride. I am thinking of switching to a MG trolling motor. Are you happy with that x3 in the wind? Did you have to modify anything to mount the MG? I have a MK on my xb2003 now just wandering if the hole will match up. Good luck with switch.
  4. fenwayfear

fuel filter replacement

I am blind it does have the spin on filter. Replaced it, it was clean with no water or sediment in the glass jar test. I did NOT fill the new filter with gas before installing it should I have?
  5. fenwayfear

Oil Tank Cap float alarm

installed new cap and tested on the hose and not more beepbeepbeep. Still gonna premix and mark the oil tank in the well to see if I am pumping oil when go to the lake today.
  6. fenwayfear

fuel filter replacement

I saw that earlier and looked at the motor and that setup is not on there.
  7. fenwayfear

fuel filter replacement

After looking at the motor it does not have the simple twist on filter. I assume that the fuel filter is inside the VST. Given my inexperience, what's the best way to access the filter inside and replace it. I am not sure what is even inside it.
  8. fenwayfear

fuel filter replacement

I will start by saying I have never replaced the fuel filter. I am sure it is quick and easy, I just would like some info on it before I try. I assume the fuel filter and water separator are one, correct? Anyone have a tutorial for replacing fuel filters for Dummies? info: 1998 225 stock...
  9. fenwayfear

Oil Tank Cap float alarm

I would love to pull the oil injection, but the wife hates the smell and smoke. My old motor was a mix motor and it smoked like crazy at start up and smelled like oil.
  10. fenwayfear

Oil Tank Cap float alarm

I went ahead and bought a new cap will put it on and test it this weekend and report back.
  11. fenwayfear

Oil Tank Cap float alarm

So if you put the powerade lid(nice to know) on the small tank and disconnect the two wires going from the float lid to the wire plug-in wiring the alarm will not beep. How do know if the pump is working, don't want to starve the motor?
  12. fenwayfear

Oil Tank Cap float alarm

Dumb question but can you run the motor as long as the oil tank that is on the motor(not the big tank) has oil in it? not that you would want to that, but just to get back to the ramp with beepbeepbeep going off. I ask this because if the pump stops pulling from the big tank at least you have...
  13. fenwayfear

Oil Tank Cap float alarm

I have a 1997 mercury promax 225 that started beeping on me recently. Local boat guy said it is probably a bad cap. Any thoughts on this issue?
  14. fenwayfear

What do you drag your Allison with?

What type of mpg did you get with the V6? I drove both and the hemi just had that it factor and sucked me right in. The hemi is a lot of motor and has lots get-up compared to the V6, but really do not need it. Unlike our bigger motors on the Ally's those are needed and used:big grin!
  15. fenwayfear

They do burn a lot of fuel, not sure why given the cylinder deactivation feature. I guess 5k lbs and a hemi is what it is no matter the efforts to curb fuel consumption.
  16. fenwayfear

It is my first Jeep product. No problems so far @4k on the odo. The Hemi did suck the fuel up at first, after around 2k it does get a little better mileage but not much. 17/18 mpg in my travels, but it is a hemi right:very happy! Glad Jeep stood by there product.
  17. fenwayfear

Here mine. 2012 Jeep Altitude Edition.
  18. fenwayfear

Unique Boat Products skid planner w/LSS-1 mount

Where did u put your hds ducer? U r saying putting it on skid plate would put it to low? When bought the boat it was on bottom hanging below the pad I removed it and have not reattached it yet.
  19. fenwayfear

Thinking about putting the hds transducer on the bottom as well.
  20. fenwayfear

http://uniqueboatproducts.org/JackPlateItems.htm Anyone here have any dealing with UBP. I like the idea behind the skid planner with the lowrance LSS-1 transducer mount built into the bottom of the plate. It is made for the Rapid Jack plate, which I have on my boat. Will this plate...