Unique Boat Products skid planner w/LSS-1 mount

fenwayfear

http://uniqueboatproducts.org/JackPlateItems.htm

Anyone here have any dealing with UBP. I like the idea behind the skid planner with the lowrance LSS-1 transducer mount built into the bottom of the plate.

It is made for the Rapid Jack plate, which I have on my boat. Will this plate affect the handling of my XB2003/14" RJP/225 ProMax?

I am thinking of having them built me one with transducers mount extending a few inches lower than stock to allow it to contact the water a little longer at speed.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestion, chatter, etc....

90 5.0

I am thinking of having them built me one with transducers mount extending a few inches lower than stock to allow it to contact the water a little longer at speed.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestion, chatter, etc....
i've heard nothing but good thinds about them, about to order one for my bullet, i would have put one on the allison but i didn't have a rapid jack, just the funky shapped ally plate.

and why do you want it to contact longer anyway?? di/si wouldnt work at speed anyway??

fenwayfear

i've heard nothing but good thinds about them, about to order one for my bullet, i would have put one on the allison but i didn't have a rapid jack, just the funky shapped ally plate.

and why do you want it to contact longer anyway?? di/si wouldnt work at speed anyway??
Thinking about putting the hds transducer on the bottom as well.

fenwayfear

Oh, I wouldn't do that. It would have to be way to low to read at anykinda plane speed.
Where did u put your hds ducer? U r saying putting it on skid plate would put it to low? When bought the boat it was on bottom hanging below the pad I removed it and have not reattached it yet.

90 5.0

Where did u put your hds ducer? U r saying putting it on skid plate would put it to low? When bought the boat it was on bottom hanging below the pad I removed it and have not reattached it yet.
When you say hds transducer i'm guessing you mean the 2d sonar transducer.

Mines in the hull, epoxied. There is an access plate behind the passenger bench.

take it out and look down in the bottom, there is a tray for the shoot thru transducer. Go to bass pro or order a "puck" style transducer to epoxy in.

I have epoxied in the skimmers before so you can do that if you want but i always prefer the puck style, plus they have temp built in.

you would have to get the skid plate way, way to dang low to make the 2d sonar worth a flip and ruin the boats performance imo.

Then put the lss transducer on the skid plate you are talking about like it comes, that way at speed it's up out of the water and doesn't affect performance.

Mines bolted to the side of my jp as i can't figure out a good way tpo make a skid plate for my jp.

Last edited: