Recent content by thegoop

1. thegoop

XB 2003 updated gauge pics

How do you post a picture within the text as opposed to an attachment? URL only? When you attach it the file is so small.
  2. thegoop

Rub Rail

I read a suggestion of heating it in water to make it easier to install. Is it one piece that you have to work through the aluminumn track from the transom all the way around to the other side?
  3. thegoop

XB 2003 updated gauge pics

Mine are Autometer in carbon with white and yellow accents. They look great and have performed well except there is a sender issue with the temp gauge and my pro max and the trim gauges are not very quick to respond. Otherwise I like them. Sorry the picture is bad.
  4. thegoop

Rod Tie Down Suggestions

Can you cut the T&H rod tamer to a shorter length? 12" seems too wide.
  5. thegoop

Grand Sport Windshield

When I got my boat my windshield was in very poor shape. Had it painted black as a temporary fix. It created more visibility issues and then the paint deteriorated. I do not like the look of the xb03 with no windshield so I cut it, stripped it and repainted. It looks awesome and no more...
  6. thegoop

Rub Rail

Thanks!
  7. thegoop

Big Fish Pics In Your Allison

Baby Musky My son caught this 40" bad boy today.
  8. thegoop

Rub Rail

Anyone know the cost for an xb2003?
  9. thegoop

Rod Tie Down Suggestions

I just got 2 of the 6" Velcro straps from Bill. How and where should I mount them? I was going to use both on the front starboard deck thinking I needed two straps for 2-3 rods. I recall there was one hacked up single on both the front and rear deck when I got the boat. Will one strap hold...
  10. thegoop

wtb Allison or similar foil for 2.5 merc

Are you installing new or replacing one? I had a lot of problems with a cracking cavitation plate from a bobs foil and now I'm afraid to drill and put an allison one on. Although the allison is apparently softer than others, I'm still afraid.
  11. thegoop

Email allison boats.

No. Ordered the tall windshield for my wife and a pile of other stuff. My first order ever. I chopped my old windshield and she can't take it. I'm not sure what I am doing with the wheel yet. I have a six bolt grant that I like but I need some sort of Allison logo on it. Been trying to figure...
  12. thegoop

Email allison boats.

Talked to Bill today. Their phone system was down.
  13. thegoop

Email allison boats.

Thanks. I thought that was a us toll free number that didn't work outside of the us.
  14. thegoop

Email allison boats.

Does Bill have an email address? I tried to call today but the number on the Allison site is for USA only. There is no other number or email link. How can I call Bill from Canada? Anyone have another phone number? Thanks.
  15. thegoop

New Allison Steering Wheel...

Frank, is your steering hub 5 or 6 bolts? I have a 6 bolt hub with a 6 bolt grant wheel and would like to add the Allison center cap and bezel. The older Allison center bezels have 5 visible bolts on the face but yours has no bolts visible, which is making me think I can hide any mods underneath...