Grand Sport Windshield

Reel Life

The windshield on my 1995 GS Ski is right in my line of sight and it's opticale performance leaves a lot to be desired. (distortion and a little scratched). As small as it is, does it affect much to remove it areo wise...I think the boat will look better without it as well. Thoughts?

LakeAnna

Mark take it off and trash it... All it does is slow the boat down and make it hard to read the water.

Reel Life

Yeah, I took it off. I like it much better off and I can see 1000 times better. Thanks for the input.
My GS is not black where the wind screen is (like Whippers) mine is teal like the stripes on the bow and rails. I saw the white and teal boat with the black windscreen area in the "for sale" section here on the website and I'm thinking of having mine painted...what do you think?

thegoop

When I got my boat my windshield was in very poor shape. Had it painted black as a temporary fix. It created more visibility issues and then the paint deteriorated. I do not like the look of the xb03 with no windshield so I cut it, stripped it and repainted. It looks awesome and no more visibility issues. Search for the threads on cutting it. However the wife can't stand the breeze so I just ordered the taller 6" windshield from Allison. Then I will be able to use either one. I kinda like the wind in my face but I don't go over 90.

GotMyAlly

I've cut down the windscreen on my XB21 prosport. Still has enough lip to kick the wind up over your head, but not enough to limit visibility. Easy cutting job with a scroll saw and a sanding block to finish it off.

ROBERT CROSS

Guess I'm alone on this....

The water gets a bit lumpy up here....these softened things up a bit, plus visibility over the shield is better and the B-ball hat still stays on the head.:wink

Bob
:beer:

Last edited:

DOUBLE J

Your not alone. I like to run sustained long high speed runs and I find it more enjoyable with it on. I tried it with it off for awhile but put it back on and haven't taken it off since.

ROBERT CROSS

Your not alone. I like to run sustained long high speed runs and I find it more enjoyable with it on. I tried it with it off for awhile but put it back on and haven't taken it off since.

Yep...exactly. When the water cooperates, 50mi at speed is not unusual.

Bob