Recent content by h2oskiier30

1. h2oskiier30

Transom cracked

I've always heard it was the first 5 built, and they were all '87 models.
  2. h2oskiier30

2008 xb2002 fb

I'll be on the lookout for it down this way. Won't be hard to spot.
  3. h2oskiier30

Sportmaster Prop Shaft Seals

The threads of the propshaft on a fatshaft are the same size as the theads on a standard shaft. The back hole of the propeller is just large enough to fit over the threads, and tightens up against the "shelf", where the threads begin. A pic of a fatshaft will probably make this explanation...
  4. h2oskiier30

2005 280 service manual

Good price on one that looks new here.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCURY-Performance-Outboards-Manual-Models-2-5-EFI-Short-Shaft-Offshore-/231535954983?hash=item35e89e4c27&vxp=mtr
  5. h2oskiier30

Oil

Gohr told me he swears by Yamalube 2R.
  6. h2oskiier30

Top Speed Question/Discussion

I was ready to sell my XB03 a month after I bought it due to this. I had heard the horrors of too much trim on A-boats so much, I was scared to let 'er fly. I finally rode with a buddy who already had an XB03, and figured out I was too scared of the trim. I got behind the wheel, got up on the...
  7. h2oskiier30

Trailering. . .

I don't use anything. The transom on an Allison, unlike most other boats, is designed to take the stress, and so are the trim cylinders on an outboard. Trim it up just enough to clear anything you might encounter, like Erik said, and go about your business.
  8. h2oskiier30

XB2002 small Console. Domed or Flat "crest" decal???

I replaced both the flat Allison crest decal on the bullet console and the flat Allison decal on the sides of mine with domed decals. Both work great...no problems at all. The look of the dome decals is far cooler than the flat ones.
  9. h2oskiier30

Sportmaster Prop Shaft Seals

It's the same seal for both small and fat shaft on a sporty. Both are 1.25" at the seal, just the small shaft tapers to 1" while the fat shaft remains 1.25" until the threads.
  10. h2oskiier30

Mariner 2.5 Offshore with Ridgeback exhaust

It's a smoothback offshore mid...newer style. And yes, you're correct on the seam or "ridge" on the back of the Ridgeback mid.
  11. h2oskiier30

No...NO ONE made a factory ridgeback ss mid. When I said "Merc", I meant Merc/Mariner, since Merc built both. Same company, same roof...different paint cans and stickers. If you see a ridgeback ss mid, it is a cut one...none were ever manufactured that way.
  12. h2oskiier30

Don't feel bad...it looks like a smoothback to me, too...a newer 280 model one at that, with the curved, swoopy bottom line. I can't even see the ridge on it zooming in a lot. Like you though...my eyes ain't what they used to be.
  13. h2oskiier30

No such thing, other than cut ones. Merc never made a 15" ridgeback mid.
  14. h2oskiier30

Show me your garage queen!

Asleep for the winter....