Recent content by Brandon2684

1. B

XTB21 with Yamaha 175 Vmax SHO

Throw a good 28/29 pitch prop on there I can't imagine you not doing low to maybe mid 80's
  2. B

Grandsport engine options

I have a Grandsport with a Merc 150proxs four stroke. Runs 81mph and it’s a nice setup. Really no complaints. But I suppose if I had to do it all over again I’d get a 150/175 Yamaha SHO and flash it. Now you have a mid 90mph boat that has all the benefits of a four stroke and still sub 500lbs...
  3. B

2021 Allison Grand Sport with Mercury 150 ProXs four stroke update

Running a tick under 81mph every pass with the 28 promax around 5900rpm. We got room to go!
  4. B

little update 79.7 MPH at about 5880rpm with the 28 promax propshaft about even with the bottom and 20 gallons of fuel. More testing coming soon
  5. B

not sure exactly but the website says around 950lbs
  6. B

Skid planner

Took my skid planner off noticed it’s scuffing the crap out of the gelcoat. Anybody have this issue too? This is straight from the factory install
  7. B

Hi Billy! Nice to hear of others experimenting with this package! I think I need to come up higher to get some more RPMs out of the 28 promax. 5830RPM @78.5 mph and I’m 3/16 below the pad. Think if I come up to even or so that will be worth a couple hundred RPM maybe get me low 80’s.
  8. B

Hi everybody! Figured I’d update you all with my progress thus far with the boat. I have a 2021 grand sport with a Mercury 150proxs purchased one year ago almost to the day. I’ve since had the gear case coned locally by Ronnie Holzmacher. The gears in this are 2.08 requiring me to run huge...
  9. B

Does the anchor shade umbrella work on the Grand Sport?

Thanks! Gonna grab an umbrella today let y’all know how it works.
  10. B

Does the anchor shade umbrella work on the Grand Sport?

Any have success with the newer anchor shade umbrellas on the Grand Sport?
  11. B

Can you walk on a Grand sport deck

I’m fairly light 165lbs. The boats brand new picked it up in September last year 2021 model. Never walked on the deck. But did gently crawl up it to tie off on the bow eye and heard light crackling sounds that was discomforting but I’ve heard people walk on them. I wasn’t sure if that was ok or...
  12. B

Can you walk on a Grand sport deck

So I haven’t walked on mine yet. Looks like there’s some reinforcement under the deck. Is it safe to walk on it or should that be avoided? Thanks
  13. B

GPS / Chart plotter in Grand Sport XS2003

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could see some peoples setup and recommendations for a smallish GPS / Chart plotter and where and how you mounted it in a Grand Sport. Thanks!