yamaha drag

Volatile

They like around 9.5 to 10" setback for best bow attitude. Very quick prop on the XB2002. I personally prefer little extra leading edge roll on the prop itself on this boat, depending on the weight of the hull. A 24 is a great drag prop, a 26 or 28 is a great lake cruiser. They will not generally topend with a Hoss or small ear chopper, but they are lots of fun!
Now we need Darris to make us a carbon fiber XB2002......:shock:

propmanjay

They like around 9.5 to 10" setback for best bow attitude. Very quick prop on the XB2002. I personally prefer little extra leading edge roll on the prop itself on this boat, depending on the weight of the hull. A 24 is a great drag prop, a 26 or 28 is a great lake cruiser. They will not generally topend with a Hoss or small ear chopper, but they are lots of fun!
Now we need Darris to make us a carbon fiber XB2002......:shock:
For the right price it probably can be had.

hullbilly

Are the Yamaha drags bad to sling blades?
The soft japanese metalurgy does flex and will eventually break. But that soft metal (flex) is responsible for some of the biggest performance advantages as well. Generally speaking though, you should expect a decent lifespan out of them. Longer, of course, without big horsepower with hard holeshots.

They make great conversation pieces after you sling a blade though! Take it from me!

hack02

Performance Props out of Soddy Daisy TN sells a Yamaha copy that works well for a lake prop. I think SS Tom ran a 28 to one of the highest top end numbers on his SS.

propmanjay

The soft japanese metalurgy does flex and will eventually break. But that soft metal (flex) is responsible for some of the biggest performance advantages as well. Generally speaking though, you should expect a decent lifespan out of them. Longer, of course, without big horsepower with hard holeshots.

They make great conversation pieces after you sling a blade though! Take it from me!

I have four of it's sisters at home.

bigtis

you broke that prop so a prostock boat wouldn't beat you down in 600ft.:beer: I'm still waiting on my commision check:LMAO:

hell I got three sisters to her myself.:beer:

Volatile

Yes, the copies are nice, but copies don't generally perform nearly as well. Mach made a good copy years back as well. A genuine Yamaha, especially the older ones ( 1980's vintage) are the ones to buy if you are serious about having a quick fun boat. ALL props sling blades. Big ear choppers also tend to snap propshafts. Have it cryo'd and re-hubbed . Well worth the $$. I have several genuine 24's that we may part with in a few weeks after we take inventory. A 22 or 24 is a great drag prop for your boat. The 26 is just a fun prop. Anything larger and you might as well buy a small ear chopper ET or something else unless you're running NOS. Horses for Courses.

suicidealli

the yammi is the quickest props out there. a hoss or a small ear chopper that has been worked for a alli, or a et is the best for all around. JMO i love a small ear worked chopper. if you take some of the trailing edge cup out of them, they will rev up higher, and it also takes out some of that bow lift. i have a few that rock!!!!!!!! for quickness the yammi design is great. the design is so much different. a chopper grabs the water, and throws the heck out of it, where a yammi is designed to get the water off the blades as quick as possible. if look at the out side tip to the hub the chopper has a roll into the water, or cup. a yammi looking at the same way the tip rolls back the opposite direction.

roy