XTB v.s. 2003

MoodyAllison

Going this weekend for the maiden voyage in a new to me XTB 21 with a 2.4, 200 coned lower hanging on it. I've got a 2003 but was curious as to the driving differences between the two. Is there anything I need to be consious of before I go out and run it?

hcspeed

my xtb was a cadillac , if you can drive an 03 the xtb shoulb be a breeze,mine was heavy and seemed to like a little lower engine height , but it would run 70, with 150 yammi Ibought it with , and 90ish with a 2.5, and always carried the bow high never did the nose drop like , xb s or xr s

Tim Bostic

I have a "new" 1987 XTB that the factory brought back to life. It looks brand new.... AMAZING!!!! I've always loved the XTB and prefer it as my main lake boat.... great to fish out of, family boat (wife loves it), and best riding boat I've ever been in.
I've been in many 2003's as well as 2002 XB's, XR's and the 2001's
I LOVE the XTB!!!!!!!

The only "thing" to watch for is balancing the boat when you're in it by yourself.... need weight in the rod locker.

Last edited:

Darth VMAX

Not to hi-jack this thread. But I am a BIG fan of the XTB as well. Tim, I am sure I speak for many that it would be greatly appreciated if you posted some pics of your re-furbished XTB!

Thanks

Contractor

hey tim .. i have this HOSS triton 1 ## j02728 14.5 x 28 i have had this wheel 15 years.. your dad made it for the old NOA time trials in knoxville.... this baby will really spin..

MoodyAllison

Well, took the boat to the water and tried to run it. It's been sitting since 07 and we got her running before we went in the drive way. Everything checked out but we should have dug a little deeper.
The boat won't get above 4,000 rpm. Kind of acts like it's got a limiter on it. We checked to see if it was advancing and I think it is but will have to look into it a little deaper. Any thoughts on the matter would help..... Man, I was really pumped about getting her out too.

bc's xtb21

I've had two xtb's and and I've ridden in most other brands of bass boats. Hands down I LOVE my xtb. I got a chance to talk to Darris at Jasper last year and he told me the xtb was the best hull he (or anyone else) ever built.lol