XTB Setup

MGEOD

I am going to be getting me another Allison soon:very happy:very happy. It will be a XTB. I mainly fish and don't have the cash for a 21 or want payments and never got used to fishing out of the 2003. I was wondering what is the best setup. I have found a few with 200's on them . I am not really worried about all out on the big end . Just a good fishing setup. Would like to know what everyone has found that works on these rigs. So I can be looking /trading for some props .. LOL . Thanks Mike

kornvb

had a 27srx about 1/4 inch below pad with a tooters cle with cone on it ran 93 with 2 people. with a 260 give me a call hope everything is going well have a good 4th!

bc's xtb21

Have an '89 xtb with a 2.4 centerhorn 260 running even with the pad had it 92 gps one person light load running a trophy plus 26. Cheap prop but easy driving and pretty good hole shot.Had a couple of these boats from my experience and what ive been told they dont like alot of engine height , as compared to 2002's and 2003's. Hop ethis helps

MGEOD

Thanks for the replies ,, Bryan I will give you a shout tomorrow. Ready to get back in a Allison.. Hope the XTB rides as good as a 2003, I have never rode in one but its an Allison .. LOL

MGEOD

Haven't actually measured it but reading these post my motor is probably high. The boat has a 28 ET on it .. Really haven't had a chance to run her and get a fell for the boat. Been busy at work.. but thank the Lord for a job these day..

kornvb

Hope everything is going well give me a call when you get it out !

Dave Hensley

Can't beat the ride. A half inch below the pad will work well for a fishing load. Boats are still sensitive to weight balance so if you are alone You will need ballast in the rod locker. I like two batteries only both in port side storage locker. I have had a a few XTBs and they steer hard if cable steering is used and you run high. Had a 1989 that wallowed on the pad at 55-60 and Darris put a small lip on one of the port side strakes and it rode like a dream. Good boat. Just sold a 1996 that I will regret letting go of. It was super nice.

cruzintld

Just purchased a 1991 XTB and am looking to power it. I have found a 260 with new power head with 1 hour on it.
Going to use it mainly for fishing and family outings. Possibly some tournament fishing.

My question is am I going to regret the 260 when taking the family out??

ally2dextreme

Yes,it's loud, drinks gas and oil ,has to be maintained and when the time comes ,and it comes quick if you do alot of riding,very expensive to rebuild .Out by yourself you will be in love!!! I'd you have a big budget and love speed and are use to high speed boating go for it..If your new to hi performance that 200x on scream and fly would be a perfect motor for that boat imo...good luck and be safe!

Bobalouie

Dont forget the 260 only has a 16 amp charging system. I never had problems fishing with a 16 amp system, but I fun fished, not tourney fished, and I didnt have a stereo in the boat.

ally2dextreme

Give me a call and I'll help you find something... 980 521 0722 ..Thomas call anytime and we can go over a few things