XTB-21 Tournament

HO

I have been goingback and forth about restoring my 1986 XTB. One of the factors has been the family friendliness of the layout. As someone mentioned previously, the passenger takes a real beating from the wind. I actually thought of having a second console fabbed off of the other and installed professionally to change the layout. I am sure the cost wouldn't be close to buying a new dual console...

Might be a good business venture when the economy turns around. Buying up old XTBs and refurbishing them with a second console option would be an interesting option for those wanting a good boat for 1/3 the price of a new hull.

fishnfireman

Might be a good venture.
You put another console on those pigs and it would be a good thing.
IMHO Those hulls were awesome. I could not believe when Darris quit building them.

Last edited:

HO

FNF,
I don't think he can believe it either. I know he regrets retiring the hull and I understand why.

I think a dual console XTB would look really sharp and one of the biggest high speed design issues of that model would be solved.

ally2dextreme

Might be a good venture.
You put another console on those pigs and it would a good thing.
IMHO Those hulls were awesome. I could not believe when Darris quit building them.
i always find it funny with quotes like..i cant believe darris quit making this hull or that hull..he will keep making if poeple are buying them..when they quit making a model its becase they hadnt built any in years ..

fishnfireman

i always find it funny with quotes like..i cant believe darris quit making this hull or that hull..he will keep making if poeple are buying them.. ..
Good point..But then he was going to quit making the 2002...

On the same note some of us could not believe GM quit building the Firebird and Camaro's :help

However ford sure liked it. seems there are more Mustangs right now than there ever was.

Last edited: