XTB-21 setup help

Fishforcash

I was looking in the set up page but didnt see any propshaft to pad heights on the XTB-21 setup. What is a good all around propshaft benchmark height for a 225 promax, sportmaster w/200 skeg profile, 10" Hydrodynamics plate?

HO

What year is your boat? There were some differences from the early hulls.

I have a 1986 xtb and I ran 1/4 below with 10 in setback.

froggy

FFC,

I had my 1985 XTB w/CLE set with the point of the nosecone centered on the drain hole. I was running a 4" Allison plate.

Hope this helps.

You'll find the XTB a wee bit harder to drive, when running solo, than your XB 2003 but it won't take long to acclimate.

froggy

HO

Froggy,
What prop did you like best with that setup?

FFC,
I think the early xtbs had less of a lip and didn't need as much setback (normally). From what I understand, the later models were different. On my '86 I did go from a 4" to 10" jackplate to help carry the load a little better. I have mixed reviews about the additional setback and may try the 4" in the future. A 10" should work well for your boat.

I used to keep a 25lb weight (from a small hole barbell) under the passenger seat to help with ballast.

Let us know how she runs.

froggy

HO,

Props were problematic, especially at 4" setback (this is what Darris recommended in the day). I started at 6" and Darris recommended 4" and I promptly lost 4 mph. Had to move troll battery to rear of port box, from front of said box - got the 4mph back.

Prop was a big ear Merc Chopper Modded by Hoss for holeshot and top end---needs to have weed cutters intact for this mod. 28 pitch.

If I were setting that boat up today, I might go to a setback between 4" and 10" depending on the balance of performance (freeboard/fishing angle/holeshot/topend/rough water performance) and optimize for the best compromise.

Hope this helps.

froggy