XS motors

Lightning

The 2.5XS is a strong motor. I have a 2005 on my GS. The only problem I've had is the air pump failed and was replaced under warranty. The only drawback about the motor that I don't like is that it was put on the same frame as the 3.0 liter motors, so they are heavier than other 2.5 liter motors. I guess that would help with the duribility thou.

Joshua

Thanks, no warranty. I liked the motor alot. It got hot and popped.I think maybe to many folks driving w/ out me in the boat. The performance to gas milage ratio was unbeatable but it still can't compete w/ a hot 260 or 280's performance.

suicidealli

you guys are putting up some good numbers!!!!!!!!!!! the 100 mph is fast!!!!!!!!!
how many rpms are you turning these things, ratios and props???? a 100 is respectable in any rig forsure......... needless to say bass rig...

nickens21

Hey Josh!! U still have not got that motor fixed? U better tighten up boy, we need to go make another run!! Got some speck slim on it Monday, and I heard they were catchin bass and specks in the same spot on the same bait in Venice!!

Joshua

I could use a good fishing trip, Glad to hear you cought you some. I've had alot on my plate lately hadnt really decided on what to do w/ the 2.5. Fix it or replace it. Time will tell. Its good hearing from you.

Did you ever replace the gears in your lower? I have a guy thats intrested in my motor if he gets it I can ask him what gears he perfers. He may perfer the ones you have. Might be able to swap them out or something if you want to keep you from having to by new ones.
I'll let you know what he decides.