XR2001-Storage/Mooring cover

nort

Does anybody have a source for a good quality custom fit cover for an XR 2001?
I'm currently using flannel king size bed sheets but the nights are getting cool up here and my honey is wondering where the good linens have gone.
Thanks.

John S

Not sure where youre located, but sometimes the local shop around you can be the best bet. Drop your boat off and a few days later pick up a custom cover with some options that you wanted put in (padding in certain places, openings for entry into cockpit, etc). You gotta admit it Cliff, that lady in St Cloud does some nice work.

John S

I was still role playing as a FIB back then, the third blues brother, as it was...cop pistons, cop rods, cop pad.....

nort

Thanks FlatOut.
Talked to Bill today, cover ordered. Hopefully it'll get here before I need the fuzzy sheets on the bed.

hullbilly

I've had good luck with the thicker allison covers which are felt-lined on the inside. They are extremely waterproof in my experience.

Here's a few things I've found on both my xb2003 and xr2001 covers:

1. If exposed to a downpour, they need to be on the boat very tight to run the water off. If not tight, the water will pool up and either sneak in the boat somewhere or put a lot of pressure on things like windshields and other rigging. This applies to all boat covers really.

2. If you have a dark hull stripe, the trailer straps are going to scuff them after trailering long distances (2 - 6 hour pulls in my experience). I've tried everything I know of to prevent this, but nothing has worked for me. Now, I am EXTREMELY anal about my boats and a lot of people probably wouldn't notice the marks that i do.

It bothers a couple of my buds, but I keep my boats in the shop AND covered...ha ha ha

Last edited:

nort

Hullbilly,
thanks for the input, There aren't many covers you can trailer with that won't do some damage.
I ordered one today from Allison and it should be here within a couple of weeks.
I'm the same way, all my stuff (boats, sleds, cars and equipment) stays in side and most of it stays covered.
Cheers
Greg

Rocket

Hullbilly,
thanks for the input, There aren't many covers you can trailer with that won't do some damage.
I ordered one today from Allison and it should be here within a couple of weeks.
I'm the same way, all my stuff (boats, sleds, cars and equipment) stays in side and most of it stays covered.
Cheers
Greg

About How much are they for an xr2001??? If you don't mind me asking............

Last edited:

nort

Rocket,
Sorry for the delay,
$695.00 plus shipping.
Got the cover today, it looks AWESOME.
My compliments to those at Allison that make the covers. One of the best covers I've ever seen. Hands down.

Rusrog

HEy Nort... Can you post a pic of that cover on the boat? I am interested in one and want to see how it looks on the boat. Many thanks!

Russ

nort

Russ/Rocket,
I'll try to get some pics this weekend and get them posted.
I'm hoping to get a few more laps around the lake before its bed time for the fleet. Lets hope for some good weather before the s*#$t hits the fan.

Greg