Xr2001 Set up

Fl Boy in ILL

I am going to put my 15" Mid back on the Ally and put a motor on it, it has the Allison 6-8 jackplate, it should have ~300 HP. FOr some drag and just playing around where is the best setback 6" or 8", I don't have big props and don't care about top end #s. The boat hasn't been in the water since 8-21-04 and i miss it!!!!

Thanks
Rick

Waterdigger

Your A boat drag

Hey Rick.... doz dis mean u gunna climb in dat BEAUTIFUL SWEET LOOK'IN
BAD TO DA BONE YELLOW xr 2001 and do sum race'in :?:

sure hope so :!: think dat be purdy cool.... two A bote (yellow) drags at
da same race :!: :lol:

Fl Boy in ILL

Tray?????

Well the easy part is done, LOL. Talking about it!!! All it takes is a little bit of $$$$$.

He did email me about it.

Rick

Fl Boy in ILL

Casey

i hear you was the man, set up right and on a string, how much set back you running? Motor height? If mine doesn't go SOON it will be back on the water

Rick

Casey G

i don't know about being the man or anything, but it seemed to be running good enough to send a bunch of stv's home crying. :lol:

i was running a champ mid on a 8" allison F-1 plate with a small case set at 1/8" above. but all that's coming off next week and my 15" stuff is going back on for race season. i'm sticking with modified for one more year before i jump into pro gas. my quartershot ran pretty good, but i'm thinking this boat might be even quicker.

i run my 15" on a 6" allison plate with a sportmaster around a 1/4" above. i tried it a little higher and it did not seem to like it.

ALLISONMAN

you are not suppose to add the extra 2" built in setback into your setback equation. That 2" was designed into the 15" motors to help with leveage that the 15" lacked versues the 20"!!!! and lets just say i know alot of winning drag boats and 8" is about the norm!!!

S

Scott Gilmore

Fl Boy in ILL said:
I am going to put my 15" Mid back on the Ally and put a motor on it, it has the Allison 6-8 jackplate, it should have ~300 HP. FOr some drag and just playing around where is the best setback 6" or 8", I don't have big props and don't care about top end #s. The boat hasn't been in the water since 8-21-04 and i miss it!!!!

Thanks
Rick
Rick, don't sell that boat TOO FAST. It could be my 6th Allison by late summer. Scott :D

Rocket

John Richied said:
casey g said:
it seemed to be running good enough to send a bunch of stv's home crying. :lol: .
:p :p :p :p
Getcha Sum!
From what I heard,,,, Casey's Alley was "KING of the RIVER" over EVERYTHING,,, that weekend!!!! :D

Way to make us Proud Casey!!!! :wink
:

A

allyfreek

XR 2001 Setup

I don't want to ask dumb questions I just want to get educated. I have seen the Ally drag boats with Merc drag motors with 12" midsections. The drag motors come with a 15" mid I believe. Are the racers putting on the 12" mids to lower the center of gravity or what is the reason? If the 12" works so well than why can't the Champ motor be used or is the small speedmaster gearcase a problem? I noticed Mercury doesn't have the drag motor on their web site but they still have the Champ motor EFI and the 200 Direct Injected Alien hood motor.

Rocket

Yellowallison said:
Are the racers putting on the 12" mids to lower the center of gravity or what is the reason?
Center of gravity, weight and short/ faster trim!
Yeppers,, I'll second that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Our's has a 12" mid,, and the trim is only on 12 volts,, and it's all but instant! :D

It's only got about 3" of travel,, and we trim someplace in the middle to full,,, a Bump or two on the trim button and you are @ Full trim!!! :wink: Down trim,, is even quicker,,,,, If it was on 24 Volts,, IMHO,, It would be TOOO fast and you couldn't control it!!!!