XR2001 as a lake pleasure boat?

nort

Most fun I have had driving a boat was with my 2001. It was much more forgiving than my SS. But as stated above what a drag getting in and out. At 6'3" I couldn't run mine with the fairing due to no room and my shoulders had to curl to fit in the cockpit.
I'm 6'5" & 235lbs, the fairing on mine is moved back about 4" or so and the foot throttle perch has been extended to allow me to mount the peddle about 4" farther forward. Fits like a glove now!!

XXXR2001

Layups for the XR2001 vary from 350lb for carbon fiber to sub 450lb - 600lb+ for glass. The current drag hulls are probably too light for every day use as a lake boat but I think the 600lb river racers are overkill. The way they build the new ones, 525-550lbs would be a solid boat for daily use and run high 90's - low 100's with a 200hp motor.

An XR2001 is probably the most forgiving, easiest to drive and safest boat Allison makes. Also a LOT of fun to drive. The biggest let down you're gonna have going from a GS to an XR will be the storage. The GS spoils you in that department. Working around inside is a challenge but imo its not that big of a deal.

racerx

When your young a xr is fine to go out boating in on the rivers..lol