XR 2001 RR fairing

Scott Gilmore

Any ideas on a XR2001 RR fairing (other than cutting 6in off the one I have)that I can buy that will allow me to trim the motor up when cruising & stopping in shallow spots ? Does Allison sell such an item OR what about the new double hump style ? Scott :beer:

ziemer

Just add a small electric actuator for the fairing and put a switch up by the driver's seat. Probably a cheaper alternative to buying a new fairing.

An ever cheaper fix would be to cut a broom stick handle down and prop it under the fairing when stopped... :gasp :beer:

whipper

It would be cool to have the fairing on a slider. Electrcaly when you trim up the fairing slides forward and visa versa. OR Manualy from the helm beside the seat you could flip a saftey bungy on a little handel like a hurst shifter deal and pull it forward before you trim up then after you trim down just pull the handel back putting the fairing back into race position. That would be simple to do and work great I think. But I think to much.:beer:

patches

I think Bill told me earlier this year they were around 1000. I like the flat fairings but I was told they don't have my gelcoat anymore and it's a discontinued color so even if I wanted another one I probably couldn't get one to match. Wish mine had the double hump

Crimson Merc

Double hump was 1200 when i bought it this time last year, just looked at the invoice.

All that money you got you could just get a whole nother boat built

Scott Gilmore

1k would be stupid stupid money for a 2.5 foot hunk of fiberglass......BUT knowing Allison I wouldn't doubt it !! Scott :confused:

patches

Not that it makes any better but the one Justin and I are talking about is a full length drag fairing

Crimson Merc

Yeah if anyone is wondering the flat one cost $1000,, and they still have that white one from Jasper.. only for the next week though

whipper

I would just modify the one ya got on the top. Just enough to trim her up is all. Get the dremel out and trace were ya need to cut and done. It looks like just the top needs a notch?