Xb21 props

alc

For the owners of XB21's, what is your preference in prop selections with a heavy fishing load and two people to give a decent hole shot and good top end with a 300 XS merc. W/ 1.62 sportmaster. Also where would you start on prop height W/ which prop ?

GotMyAlly

Hydromotive X-OB. I'm running a 28" with a 250XS and 1.62 gears. I've ran a 29" and it pulls it fine even in the summer heat, just good for about 1 more mph on the top end at the trade-off of a little holeshot. I think with the 300 you should be able to pull the 29" or maybe even a 30".

You'll have to experiment a little on prop height....they all run a little different. My old one liked to be a little above the pad, the new one runs best a little below.

RobShaw-BasSport

Ive owned my BasSPort Pro (2 seater) for just over 5 years now. Ive gone through a bunch of props from a Hydro Quad IV to a tricked out OMC SRX to a Robbie Patterson F'nR. Im a fisherman first and foremost and the best prop Ive ran with a tournament load is a Bravo XS. The key is to find a prop that does NOT add additional stern lift. My Merc 250XS came with 1:75 gears but I quickly swapped those out with about 5 hours on the motor. Concur with GMA on heights...my boat is always loaded down so it will differ from most.

reward69

I've got a 250 xs w 1.62's and have there props. 27 bravo xs, hydro xob 28, and a hydro xot 25. 75% of the time the bravo is on the boat and about 10% the xob. The 25 is for skiing or tubing.

cj707

I have a 21 with a 300xs as well. Tried a lot of props. Not crazy about any. Liked the Bravo 1xs best, but it cracked in no time. Have an X0B now. Tons of stern lift. Not sure about that. Runs good flat out, but cruising at half throttle it slips a ton. Like my pro ET when I'm fairly light. My 03 was much easier to prop. As far as motor height. I run even to 1/2" above depending on load.

GotMyAlly

Do you drop the jackplate down when you're just cruising, or are you cruising around with it jacked to running heights?

cj707

Nope. I set it and forget it. My gauge isn't anywhere near accurate enough to read 1/4" increments. I have marks on the jack

GotMyAlly

I usually drop mine down when I'm just cruising. It helps the prop hook up better, and alleviates the steering torque too. I've gotta think that's easier on the equipment. But I fish Pickwick and it gets pretty rough, so dropping the JP for rough water running is pretty much a given. If I was gonna set it and forget it, I'd get a manual plate and save weight.

cj707

yeah, a manual plate would be great if I just ran one prop. Or the same amount of gas. With the tank behind the pad, fuel load makes a huge difference in my rig. I run in 3+ footers regular. The XOB does a good job. Even at 1/4 over. I got a tupper ware minner bucket at wally world.

MWest77

yeah, a manual plate would be great if i just ran one prop. Or the same amount of gas. With the tank behind the pad, fuel load makes a huge difference in my rig. I run in 3+ footers regular. The xob does a good job. Even at 1/4 over. I got a tupper ware minner bucket at wally world.
bwahahaha!:lmao:

allyxb

I have a set up close to your's, and I run 3 props. For fishing with 2 I run a performance 3 blade 15x28. For light load and speed I run a Mazco re 3 30 @ 94.2. I also have a Mazco re4 28 that's been reworked to a 27 good all around 90.6 with load and 1 person. Run the jack plate all the way up at throttle, but don't trim much past half way. I too have tried several props, but she likes large blades best.

GotMyAlly

I have a set up close to your's, and I run 3 props. For fishing with 2 I run a performance 3 blade 15x28. For light load and speed I run a Mazco re 3 30 @ 94.2. I also have a Mazco re4 28 that's been reworked to a 27 good all around 90.6 with load and 1 person. Run the jack plate all the way up at throttle, but don't trim much past half way. I too have tried several props, but she likes large blades best.
Are those numbers with a 300?

Allyfishing

that's some good running with those props!! Which performance propeller is that the Performer 3 or SC3?

allyxb

performer 3, as soon as I can find one, I want to trade or buy a Mazco 28 re 3 to see how it runs