xb21 numbers

redwingally

Put the hydraulic steering in this weekend and was able to have a real driver give her some test runs for numbers here they are.

30 Merc Et not very good, on the limiter with 2 men at around 80
28 bravo w/ huge vent holes ran 87.6 2 men 3/4 tank of fuel/ 5800rpm
30 performer w/Remco cut ran 91.1 with 1 man and 1/4 tank of fuel and 90.1 with 2 men and a little less fuel. 5800 rpm
All run even with pad

Both props exploded out of the hole. 30 Et had to be eased out or it would it limiter.
Had all chairs and fishing tackle and other stuff you keep in the boat for fishing.

Middle of the day South Central Florida with 86 degree temp and around 60 percent humidity

RedAllison

Soundin good RWA! :beer:

The 80 with the ET is about right to from my one time run with one. A few years ago at the rally Scott Vickery (YA) brought his dads 2+2/250XS up and tried a 30ET. It was hard loaded (fishing equipment) but with either of us running it solo with his 30ET at 80-81 it would drop the bow EVERYTIME. Just to much motor and boat for that prop IMHO. The stock Bravos seem to run within a few mph of the QIV XOBs, but I wouldn't expect them to last as long as Mr. Thom and Todds wheels.

Gettin over 90 in summerheat/humidity with 2 people and the kitchen sink aboard is awfully danged good for a big ol bassbarge! And ya feel like ya flyin down the lake in ya livin room reclinder!!! :at the bar
RA

Last edited:

redwingally

Soundin good RWA! :beer:

The 80 with the ET is about right to from my one time run with one. A few years ago at the rally Scott Vickery (YA) brought his dads 2+2/250XS up and tried a 30ET. It was hard loaded (fishing equipment) but with either of us running it solo with his 30ET at 80-81 it would drop the bow EVERYTIME. Just to much motor and boat for that prop IMHO. The stock Bravos seem to run within a few mph of the QIV XOBs, but I wouldn't expect them to last as long as Mr. Thom and Todds wheels.

Gettin over 90 in summerheat/humidity with 2 people and the kitchen sink aboard is awfully danged good for a big ol bassbarge! And ya feel like ya flyin down the lake in ya livin room reclinder!!! :at the bar
RA
Yes RA the 30 ET was quite the disappointment to say the least. The 28 bravo was very nice and the 30 performer with the Remco cut was a huge pleasent surprise, just couldnt believe it. I would like to try a 30 bravo next time. I am going to try and trade this et for a bravo or hydromotive. I bought the transom wedges but since I have to take the motor off to put them on, at that time I will also put 2" more setback. This hull will run better and handle better imho with more setback. I asked Todd if they ever experimented with more set back and he said "no" so you dont know until you try. It may not but I am going to find out. Way too much positive trim to get the nose up if you ask me. I know it is a cruiser and I am not trying to make it an 02 but any Ally I haver ever run runs better with out a bunch of positive trim.

i wil keep you informed.

badbait

Another prop you guys with 250XS and 300XS should not overlook if you ever get a chance to run a new chopperII don't pass it up especially if you have a 300XS. Holeshot is great, mid range is supper and they will carry a good load. We have a guy here in Calif. that runs one on his XB 21/250 and he loves it. It's a great all around prop.

V6MERC

I ran a 26 Chopper II a while back and really like the way it performed BEFORE it got to the limiter... It came out of the hole great, carried the load well and handled good... I'm gonna try a 28 in a Bullet cut here in a few months and see how it does, but I'd really like to try a stock 30... :wink

badbait

I doubt it you could put the stock 28 on the limiter. At least I can't with my setup. 2003/250XS. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good prop for you since the 250s make there maximum HP at 5750. If you can pull it to 5750 you'll be in the mid 90s. I'm thinking of getting a 30 myself.