XB21 Guys with tourney load

JMC1

Can the XB21 guys give me their prop and engine height setup running with a fishing load and a passenger please. Trying to decide on next prop whether a Pro max, Hydromotive or Bravo. Thank you

Last edited:

JOEALLY

I sold my xb21 a couple of years ago but I was running a 250 Sport XS on the bassport pro and my favorite prop was a 27 pro max. I also ran a 26 TXP and a 27 hydromotive. I never tried a Bravo. I ran a hydraulic plate but typically ran between 3/4" below and 3/8" above.

With 2 people and a tournament load I ran upper 80s. I ran solo, tournament Ioad to 91 but that wasn't my normal run, it was just about perfect. In the heat of the summer in lower Alabama, I averaged about 84 mph with 2 people and tournament load.

GotMyAlly

I run a 27" or 28" hydromotive x-OB. That is with a 1.62 gear set.

Motor height will depend on the year of the hull. Newer ones run lower. 1/4" below the pad or thereabouts. Older ones run higher. Sometimes an inch above. Every hull is going to be a little different in that respect.

JMC1

Thanks for chiming in guys. I have a 28 Pro Max showing up Im looking forward to try. Hope I didnt go a tad too tall with my 1.62 gear

GotMyAlly

You should be fine. Ive got a buddy that runs a 29" hydromotive with the same setup as mine otherwise (250xs/1.62 gears).

Ive ran as much as a 32" with the same load in the boat, minus the passenger.

JMC1

I ran the 28 Pro max. Around 30 gallons fuel, full live well and just me, 15 rods, tackle, a small tool kit, etc. The Garmin force troller is a heavy chunk on the nose as well. It ran just over 85mph in the 5700 ish rpm range I think ,right around even with the pad maybe a hair under. Thinking I may need to go a bit higher with the engine. Just not used to this bigger heavier hull. Those group 31 AGM's in the bow really seem to hold it down.

GotMyAlly

Do you have a 2 seater?

The numbers I posted above were in a prosport. Though I have an ultrex on the nose, my batts are in the back.

JMC1

Yes, I have the 2 seater Bassport Pro. 2011 hull, still has the lip. Running an 250 SHO with an adapted Sportmaster

GotMyAlly

2012 seems to be when the pad changes were made. Older will likely run higher. 1/2" to a full inch above.

GotMyAlly

I have a 2012 and previously had a 2008. The 08 ran up to an inch above. The 2012 runs more like an xb03... bout a quarter below. Im not sure about the changes if it was the lip or what but the two definitely require a different setup but performance numbers are similar. Also, older came with a longer skid planer (but I cut mine down when I had my 08).

xb03fs

10” setback and experience with props. I don’t tourney fish but require 75 lbs of lead to run. So it’s similar to fishing gear I assume. I run my lithium trolling batts up front.

Promax requires more weight up front and rear of boat lighter to go faster...like to be vented to 5000ish

XOB prefers weight in rear, empty nose to go faster.
Nose will be flatter but does not like venting, too much vent and it will sit and spin. Medium acceleration good topend.

both run similar top end. work just like different weight distributions

Promax is quickest to 95 max 99 like handling, easiest to push in snotty water

Drag 5 is quickest to 99 max 99. Not a fan of handling

hoss 4 hyperdrive is almost as quick as Promax but only prop I have ran 100 with. Good handling, hard to push in snotty water

Xob have not owed in some years.