XB21/26 Trophy (cut&stock) owners???s

RedAllison

Today I had lunch with Dennis Kenny (TN XB-21) and picked up his Trophys for a test Wed. afternoon. They are an A-cut and stock 26" Trophy. (Thanks again Dennis!) My Hmotive is being "de-graveled" :cuss and tweaked by Todd, can't wait to get it back. In the meantime I'm gonna run Dennis' wheels for fartsNgiggles. (I don't have a backup blade for this boat so I gotta buy one, prolly gonna steal a used 26" Trophy. Use it during spring and at Lake Fork etc...)

What PVS plugs do you guys run? Dennis' props have the Large vents already in them. I have some solid discs as well that I will carry. I want to say I remember Darris using solid discs in his cut Trophys at the plant but I wouldn't swear to that.

:confused:
RA

Blueally XB21

I used the size "L" inserts all the way around, (might be the 3/8" hole but I'm not sure) in my ally cut 27" trophy. But I have the 2.5 mota, so the 3.0 litre would prolly be different. Keep us all posted, and be careful wit dat trophy, as you know, the like going deaf. Mine cracked (with less than 20 hours on it) and I had it fixed for a spare, but it is the fastest prop I have run to date with 87 and change with two on board, full tourney load. Good luck!

Harvey

RedAllison

Rob I think Lee Sanderson's prop and gearcase guy is on this site? (Roby) I might be wrong, maybe they just do Darris' gearcase and Performance does his wheels? Can't remember for sure, but I thought they did it all. The Hydromotive I run is the 27" QIV X-OB.

Blue, I'm not looking to replace my Hmotive with a Trophy and I'm ONLY gonna run Dennis' wheels once tomorrow. I'm just "killin time" (haven't had the boat out for a couple of weeks and the season is winding down) and just wanting to see how a 26" Trophy runs. Unless it just wont come up at all, I'm probably gonna wait until I can steal a used one and just keep it on the shelf for backup! I just wanted to run the cut Trophy at the same setting as the stock just for comparisons sake since it's there and convenient. My SportXS has 1.62s and I can't quite turn the 27" Hmotive up like I want to, so I'm curious how the 26" Trophy does.

I'll report back tomorrow night after I run 'em,
RA

ally2dextreme

fyi i think im the only one thats been over 100mph in the new boat and it was with the allison cut 28 trophy others got close but never broke 100 ran 101.8 with trophy and 2 big men

GotMyAlly

I saw first hand yesterday what a cut trophy does on a XB21. Minus 2 ears in 10 minutes.

And that was with just a little 225. With a real powerhouse like a 300XS, you might just be able to sling all 4 ears off!

props4u2

fyi i think im the only one thats been over 100mph in the new boat and it was with the allison cut 28 trophy others got close but never broke 100 ran 101.8 with trophy and 2 big men

I had an xb-21 ProSport that I installed a 300x on just to play with, boat was fully rigged w/ trolling motor, 3/delco batteries charger etc..., by myself no tackle, 102 and some change first pass with a 1.62 gear and a stock 26 or 27 Trophy, it's been a few years ago so I'm not sure on the prop pitch, I do know it was sluggish getting on plane with two aboard. The same boat ran 92 with 2 200# + guys and a 250xs with tackle.

Rob,
Robbie can build a prop for you as well or better than anyone else in the country.

Lee

badbait

What motor were you running on your 21 at the time. I've never heard much about the 28 Trophy, how was the holeshot?

RedAllison

a2d how high were you running that 28" Trophy when you ran the 101+ (I remember the vids when originally posted, she looked good)? The reason I ask is I remember when the 28s came out a few years ago and several with 03s/225s or 2.5s tried them and several complained about a "stupid spot" where in some cases the boat would just start feeling/acting funny. And in some cases the prop would actually drop the bow at 91-93mph! :cuss So most of us gave up on the 28 and stuck with the 27"er.

I was very surprised at the physical difference between the Trophys. I was at Glenn Reynolds place once and he had just gotten in his first 28" Trophy. So we put a 26", a 27" and a 28" Trophy on the counter side by side. If the "TROPHY" wasn't stamped in the barrel you would've thought they all three were different props. Not just different from the pitch, but blade style, shape and tips... all three were different! :confused:

Maybe the 28 likes heavier loads than the smaller versions?
RA