xb21/250 summertime/backup/tubing prop?

atcje

What would be a good prop for the 95 degree summer days when pulling a tube or skiier or running with 4 folks in the boat? Has anyone tried a TXP 4 blade?

RedAllison

27" Quad4 OB would be a good skiprop on the 21 if you have a 250. Most of the 21/250s running OBs have 29s and they run fine with 4 people.

NOOOOOOOO other props are allowed on my 21, :big grin
RA

Allyfishing

I know I'm going to get slammed for this but........

I have been running a TXP-OT4 25P as my all around prop especially for fishing loaded. It handles real well and the hole shot is exceptional. this past summer at the rally I had 4 people in for the very first time and it came out well enough. If I were to run more often with 4 I would go down another pitch.

Brian Meyers also runs a TXP. Maybe he will come on and explain. I'm running a old school Promax and have no PVS holes in mine and Brian runs a 250XS and I think he mentioned he has the PVS holes in his.

But like RA said above...the Hydromotive OB is a great prop on the 21's with the 3 liters!

atcje

Without a doubt, the XO-B is the prop of choice, I'm just thinking of a prop a little less expensive that I can abuse without worry. I am prone to bump a stump every once in a while and I have "polished" a prop or two in sand....at speed.

My plan is to call Tod and get the XO-B for next year and to use that prop when I know I won't be in the shallows. Right now I'm running a massaged 28p Bravo 1 and it does pretty well, just don't think it is the right prop for 95 degree August days trying to pull a tube.

I have read some good things about the TXP 4 blade, they are fairly inexpensive, durable, just haven't read any 21' guys talk about them.

Meyers

I have a 27 & 29 HMotive XOB that Todd built for me and a 30 Bravo I (built by Robbie Patterson) that I really enjoy and make the boat run very well. These three props are the best overall props for durability and solid performance numbers but I think the over and through are the best props for the hull. I loved my 30 OT from Todd...that is my "Eleanor" of props that I should have never traded in for a 29!!!

It is very important to note that all of Todd's props are awesome and custom built for you! Any major manufacturer prop you buy will have to be worked to make it perform on an Allison. Todd and I worked very hard to try and make the OT work on my hull and we both spent a lot of money working on them. I do believe that some of our work helped HMotive with some tweaks to the new wheel. When the new prop comes out from Todd, it will be very strong contender as the best XB21 prop ever.

The TXP, like all props is prone to fail but not as bad as a Trophy, plus it has a larger diameter (14 3/8) than the Trophy (<14"). Robbie has cut and worked 3 different OT4's for me (2-27's and a 28) and they are all different but are my go to props for tournament fishing. They are far from stock but they have the fastest holeshot and will push you into the seat at 20 or 70 when you lay your foot into the pedal. They are not top end props but they are quick from 0-85mph. I assume that is something you would need for skiing and carrying people around.

I do have the XB21 2+2 with the 250 Pro XS 1.62 sporty.

Good luck with finding the right prop...every time FedEx or UPS rings the doorbell my wife just rolls her eyes...

GotMyAlly

I loved my 30 OT from Todd...that is my "Eleanor" of props that I should have never traded in for a 29!!!

How did the 30 OT run on your boat? That's my next prop. I sold my 28 OT a while back. It wasn't enough prop. I've been on the fence between a 29 or 30 OT for a top end rally prop.

GotMyAlly

What would be a good prop for the 95 degree summer days when pulling a tube or skiier or running with 4 folks in the boat? Has anyone tried a TXP 4 blade?
Sorry to hijack your thread. To the original question, I'd drop in pitch for pulling anything. I'd probably go to a 26". Yes, you could do it with a 27 or even a 28 but lower is better. For running 20 MPH pulling a tube, I'm not sure you're going to feel a major difference in performance with any prop. But the load may shorten the life of some known for cracking. Sorry, never owned a TXP myself.

whipper

Ive always put on my least expensive prop for pulling. Yanking someone out of the hole more so than tubbing puts a lot stress on the blades. Not sure I would want to do that with my expensive props? But if I were to use a prop I trust will handel it one of Todds would be top of my list. He sent me a stump puller a couple of years ago. A 22pitch cut down XOB Quad4 stump puller!!!! A little to low pitched for my liking for apree skiing but if any prop will take it Hydromotives would give me the least amount of worry for that kind of aplication. There built with very very strong blades!!