Xb2003

Eskind

Im going to probably start looking in a couple months in the 5-8k price range

Go Devil

P3100645.JPGP3060601.JPGP3100651.JPGP3060623.JPGP3100652.JPGEskind: I just joined in to the Forum yesterday. Maybe I can add a little input to your question. Found a 94 XB2003 Pro Sport Tournament which was withering away in an old Barn in Michigan. The Man that had it sent some Pics. It was bone stock. Knowing I had a Project, I met Him halfway and gave 8 Grand for it. First real sight of it, well, it was not the best Looking Lady following me Home. About a Hundred Hours later; the Ole Girl looks pretty decent. New Carpet & lots of other new stuff from Bill at Allison. I've had some nice comments, but, not finished. She runs great with the Old Fast Strike 150, yes, new VRO / New Impeller / 110/120 Compression. Now; back to your question. What is She worth now? If I decided to sell it, As Is today, I think 15 Grand would be a fair price. Now: my final thing is a Re-Power. The old engine runs good, She's pretty fast at GPS 70mph. Personally, I've had all the Oil Smoke, past and present and it's an Oinker on Gas. Now, I'm thinking Re-Power with like engine weight, power steering maybe? 150/175hp and definitely, Low Water Pickup. When I joined the Forum, I posted a question from anyone on the new Merc ProXS engines. I've had a Fast Boat / this one goes good enough for Me, and a Re-Power would too / just easier to maintain / longer life. better mpg and a Non-Smoker. Sorry for Long Winding; what will it be worth with Re-Power? I'd guess 19 to 20's range, just INMHO. Few Pics.

SuperTim

Knowing this is an old thread, I thought I would add some new info on re-powering an XB2003. I had the unfortunate experience of having a part of a piston skirt breaking off on my Mariner SuperMag 225 and punch through the bottom of the block and ruin the crank, one piston/rod and the head. While considering what to do, I found a used 2005 Opti 115 to see what would happen. I never fully got the setup right, but was able to pull about 50-55 with a 21 pitch Laser II. The Opti had an issue with piston slap that caused it to slowly fail (with only 125 hours). I had the skid planner on the boat and had to run the motor deeper than I would have liked....just didn't have time to find the sweet spot. That being said, I did like the fuel efficiency, noise level and trolling ability.......but dang it,,,its an Allison,,, Open that B-ch up!

Darris Allison said "Boat should perform in the 60s with a 115. It has a 2.07:1 gear ratio and should use a similar prop as your Super Mag; just won’t be as fast. Its worth a try. Otherwise a 25-26 Trophy. I ran a 90 HP Honda 60 on a 2003 about 12 years ago. 115 should run 65. "

Darris said I should consider a Pro XS 175 that I could possibly adapt my Sportmaster Gear Case.

As to the question of what the boat is worth. I can honestly say that every man, woman and child that experienced my XB2003 with the Merc 2.5,,,,was grins from ear to ear. She's like the Porsche 911 of boating. Hanging a 115 was like putting a Volkswagen motor in a Porsche, so sorry to purists. I've been thinking about selling her for about 3 years now. What's it worth to have a future collectible? I build classic ford broncos and I'm having a harder time parting with this boat. (it's not you,,,,it's me).

BTW,,,,don't run above 40 with the Bimini up! I added it because I spend a lot of time at Lake Powell Utah in 100+ Degree Days, and I'm a pasty white boy. I have been in discussions with some other engineers about converting it to a full electric boat with 50kwh of battery, 125 hp electric (DC) motor that can turn 10,000 rpm all day......new speed record?

Hopes that helps someone.

Attachments

Go Devil

Hey SuperTim: I parted with Ole Red / She got a New Home back in July 18. Your XB2003 (Nice). That Electric Thing sounds interesting. Anyway; an
Allison would look good with any Rigged Engine. Good Luck on Your Project.

90 5.0

Looks like I should have kept mine, the value on them had risen better than my stocks have(that Weatherford stock :( lol).

Anyway think I sold mine for 6500 hull and trailer with hydraulic steering jackplate troller and batteries.

Was perfect, not a single scratch on it plum crazy had just redone the gel and fixed all scratches from fishing and seats and carpet were a few years old.

Looked like a new boat almost.

Can’t buy another one that nice at that price now!!

ntxwaterfowl

I had wanted an Allison since I was a kid so when I found mine last summer it was too good to pass up. I went to the lake yesterday and there were 3 of those Tracker Heritage boats fishing near me... they look neat and retro but all I could think was that it was funny they paid 3k+ more for those than I did for an xb2003. Mine only has a 150 and cable steering but it runs great and the gel coat is near perfect. To each their own but I know I’m smiling all the way across the lake.