xb2003 without carpet?

xb03

I have a xb2003 and I want to get rid of the carpet. I also want to keep it as light as possible in doing so. The problem with the xb03 over the xb02 is the rear deck has carpet wrapped around the lids, so Allison doesn't offer a vinyl kit for the xb2003. I need options and pics please.

whipper

Rino liner. Theres also a vynal flooring you can get in differant paterns. The 28Skatter Skatter Jims I believe had the flooring done in the red one that got wrecked on the hyway crash then on the silver after restoration. The red one had a wood look the silver has a checker plate look. I think they or you just cut the sheets and snap or glue down? It would sure make washup easy!

GotMyAlly

I'm not sure rhino liner would save much weight if you rolled it on as thick as that stuff is designed to be applied.

2Fast2Pass

SeaDek. And I want to see the pics when you are done, because I want to do the same thing!

MWest77

Rhino liner is actually pretty heavy. It is solid rubber after application. Also if you dont like it, you are stuck with it. I used to apply it at a dealer.

whipper

SeaDek. And I want to see the pics when you are done, because I want to do the same thing![/QUOTEWhat about a textured vynal like they use for boats,looks like paint with a design? Not sure if its tough enough or not but you could design anything ya want that way. If you need to change it it peels off. Once the Design company has the dimentions in there computer you just say print me out a new one. You could use the carpet kit dimentions for your patern size.

2Fast2Pass

Textured vinyl would work also but would not be nearly as comfortable as the SeaDek. And you also can have designs put in the SeaDek. If cost is a big factor for you, the SeaDek is a little pricy. Like everything the things you want are always the most $$$$$$$$$$.

BigCountryx

Been thinking hard about Seadek or Hydro Turf. I'd love to scrap the carpet. Wonder how Plastidip would work. It will peel off if you don't like. I know people who spray it on wheels and stuff and it seems to hold up well.

white03

As a fisherman standing on the front deck for hours at a time, at least the carpet provides a little cushion and makes it easier. For that reason not sure I would like these solutions. Just thinking...???