xb2003 sonar options?

BudMan

Hello everyone new to the forum enjoy all the posts, but need to ask a question. I am a new owner of a xb2003 and the sonar mounted on the boat is lets say not really mounted anymore. With the sales going on right now i was wondering what was the largest i can fit on the dash next to the console. I am looking at a 9", but know that a 7" will fit. Does anyone have any experience with mounting a larger screen.
Thanks in advance!

dubmoney

I have a HDS 9 mounted in mine and it fits flush in the little cubby provided. I was going to do a 12 and cut the cubby bigger, but now that I have the 9, the 12 would have been really tough to shoe horn in there, unless you were willing to bring it toward the passenger quite a bit. I will look for a picture of mine. Here is a youtube link you can see how mine looks

BudMan

Thanks the 9 look fine to me... thanks for the video 100 mph ...nice ! The first run in mine was 81 and that was fast enough (so far) . I have one more
Question ive owned Sketter, Ranger, Triton Bass boats as i run the Allison the Boat has a Harmonic humm at High Speed is this a normal
thing ? I guessing because of no injected foam in the Hull is what im hearing.

BudMan

One more thing i believe that your HDS 9 came a skimmer puck ? if so how did you mount it?

dubmoney

I used a piece of Aluminum Angle and cut it into a cool shape and mounted the 3D sonar, I will look for a picture. I epoxied the new puck in the tray under the access panel behind the bench seat. The tray has much thinner fiberglass in that location. I even sanded the bottom of the perfectly flat in hopes of better sonar image, but I don't think it made much if any difference.

dubmoney

Gary, it's no wonder why you hook it all the time! Just Kidding. is that on the Champion?

spd663

I AM WONDERING THE SAME THING WHERE WOULD YOU MOUNT THE SONAR TRANSDUCER. I WANT TO UPGRADE BUT CAN'T PUT MAKE MYSELF NOT CRINGE TO DRILL A HOLE IN IT.

spd663

Thanks. The only thing I can think of is you would have to buy the splitter and use 2 d while you are running and then mount the side imaging and down imaging one on the jackplate and use it only while you are stopped.

Northshore

I run the HDS9, I bolted my 3d scan to the inside of the jack plate, and put a thru hull transducer under the bench seat.