XB2003 Setback

xb03fs

I have a 7" allison setback plate with two soccer balls and two volleyballs in it
An allison skid planer
Then a 6" allison hydraulic plate
Then a negative wedge for more holeshot
On the motor I have a bobs foil

Not sure what else I can do to help holeshot with skiers except drop pitch.

BTW it rips out of the hole loaded without skiers, very quickly

If I moved the setback plate in what would that make my total setback.

How much would it help holeshot with skiers?
What would happen to handeling?
I run heavy loads, 2 or 3 people with toys
How much would it hurt speed?

Thanks in advance 200 xri

hullbilly

I've read your previous posts regarding the holeshot issues. IMO, you should try adding weight to the nose of the boat for skiing.

You can buy bags of lead shot at Gander Mountain or similar stores. Put about 100 lbs somewhere around the front compartment(in front of your feet). This should help your boat break over on plane much easier with the added weight of a skier.

It may be the easiest, quickest fix for your issue, which can also easily be removed when you're ready to rock and roll without a load.

Good luck and let me know how it works out if you try it.

Mark

xb03fs

I thought about that, but then I have to think about where to store the skis I carry a combo pair and my slalom. THey barely fit as it is.

Its pretty easy to slide up on the nose for a few seconds to take off, but i don't see my girlfreind climbing up there when its just me her and one other person that can drive.

hullbilly

I thought about that, but then I have to think about where to store the skis I carry a combo pair and my slalom. THey barely fit as it is.

Its pretty easy to slide up on the nose for a few seconds to take off, but i don't see my girlfreind climbing up there when its just me her and one other person that can drive.
The bags are typically 20 to 25 lbs. They are small and don't take up much space, IMO. Plus, to prevent a potential mess, you'll want to wrap them tight with duct tape, which makes them even smaller.

This is the same way we add weights to the boats for class racing.

Later