XB2003 rear seat

wasmeneh

The rear seat bottom on my 95 XB 2003 slides forward when underway. There is nothing holding it in place. I heard something of the rear seat being held in by a center pin, mine has none and it does not appear it ever had anybody post a picture of any attachment on the bottom of the seat?

jcoats3

they sent a mini version of a pedestal style base when i ordered my bench. It is attached by screws

suicidealli

I have bought a few new back seats, and you have to mount the pin. Allison has also changed the bottom of the seat over the years too. I had to add a filler block to some to make up the distance. I think the figured out laying flat shortened the life. Always spraying water cleaning them the bottom of the seat was laying in water. Now just the perimeter of the seat touches the floor. Just what I have seen.... If you just mounted the pin will work, but the seat will bow from sitting on it.

Roy

GotMyAlly

Should be a round plastic bushing that slides onto the seat pin if you bought the seat base from allison. If you used a generic seat base, you probably need to make a spacer.

suicidealli

Mine came from allison. I have seen buckets with that spacer, but it is to small for the rear seat. It has to be about 1". This was less than 2 years ago when bought my last new seat.

ally260

How does the back mount.
Tha top edge hangs on tha edge of tha rear deck and should have two plastic do-hickeys on tha seat back that snap into matching do-hickeys screwed to tha bulkhead of tha rear deck........

Last edited:

ally260

Your right! Thats what tha big boys called 'em. I fixed my post. Tha - is silent. Remember?

Larry33kc

Thanks guys. I'm glad it wasnt a whatchamacallit. Those can be a pain!!!

Darth VMAX

I have an XB2002 but just installed a new rear bench seat in it this winter. I didn't like the center pin mount that Allison sent so I went and got three Springfield 7" seat mounts. I know its overkill to go with 3 and could have gotten by with just 2 but I did it anyway. I like how it sets the seat in a munch more comfortable height as well as allowing lots of air circulation under the seat so the carpet can dry out more easily.

Attachments