xb2003 Question

xb03fs

Well it seems I probably didn't need to raise the motor, I actually ran lower this weekend, and got better speeds by a couple mph, I guess it was easier to drive higher but I was getting a lot of slip, but it allowed me to learn to control it so I ran faster lower yesterday. Required correction and more imput but speeds climbed faster and I got a better top speed

Seems like it took about a mile or more for me to get up to 74, 26 Hydromotive, gets to 6o pretty quick then it just climbs slowly. I believe I am somewhere between 1/4 below to even, this was loaded with 3 in the boats, trolling motor and 3 batteries,

Merc 200 2.5 liter EFI, I know it was a pretty heavy load, seems to accelerate best with a slight over trim then when I get to the mid upper 60's acutally bump the trim down once or twice.

Around 72 the rear I could feel the rear end drift slighly left/right, is that normal?? WAS SOMTHING BAD ABOUT TO HAPPEN??

I think I might try to lower 1/8" I think it is close to where it needs to be what do you all think

Ally03 200xs

Assuming the same load and lowering it made your boat faster, I would lower it 1/8 at time till you lose speed. Once you lose speed, you know that you are within a 1/8 inch of the sweet spot for best top speed.

Raise it up less than 1/8 and run WOT again. If you gain speed raise it a little more and if you lose speed lower it a little. Of course this is all within a 1/8" inch range. You could substitute all the 1/8 = 1/4. The process is the same...

Hope this helps...